Thread: Stand By Me

Stand By Me

Ben E. King, 1938-2015.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

A jewel from Motown. RIP
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Even if that was the only song he ever did, it was a masterpiece. RIP

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

S * I * G * H !!!

Dammit, I loved his whole thing from doo wop to funk. Especially the funk. He made a comeback, and it was excellent. Now, get up and move yer butt, for Ben E. King. This is a shortened version BTW. But, get up and DANCE. It's Soul Train! He's a Supernatural Thang Forever Now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x3BBUonjJs

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I remember those big round hard to take care of hairdos that those men had back in those days. It was unnatural. My roommate had one, it was like a brillo pad about a 10" sphere of hell. It looked good, but required many hours of maintenance every week. He gave in to the clippers one weekend.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    S * I * G * H !!!

Dammit, I loved his whole thing from doo wop to funk. Especially the funk. He made a comeback, and it was excellent. Now, get up and move yer butt, for Ben E. King. This is a shortened version BTW. But, get up and DANCE. It's Soul Train! He's a Supernatural Thang Forever Now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x3BBUonjJs

Don Cornelious always provided a solid context of reality for each show. I guess that was his job as executive producer, and host.

cul de n8tb

Yea, it was a neat interview at the end.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman