Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: I'm At It Again

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "Now you're just being an asshole. Not the brotherly endearing type."
    With respect sir, now YOU'RE just showing that humor is lost on you. It may be expected when you switch the emphasis from biking to Armor All and repeat it too many times, once is quite enough. The product came out before this forum did, and back then we knew enough not to apply silicone oil to anything that should not be made slippery.

That having been said, 'nuff said on a subject that should never have come up in the first place. I appreciate nature photographs, I have a folder devoted to them that remind me of days gone by when I had neither a camera nor a bike goin' up a country, so I had to ride with friends also without cameras.
    "i'm a bit envious of folks with this sort of skill ..."
    Me too, add to it those not confined to a wheelchair.
    Quoting the whole thing. If you don't like it, then simply move along. I didn't see any humor in defacing my work. Oh, ha ha. Sorry. LOL. It means you downloaded it, opened up an editing app, speckled and blurred it in an attempt to humor me. It wasn't brotherly or endearing. It was more like an insult. I share things here because I consider you and others here to be brothers and sisters in a niche nerdy topic, which skills in there of, can be applied to other aspects of life.
    Others reading may not have understood that tire shine doesn't belong on bikes. Fast forward a few years, they buy a bike and apply tire shine. You seem to insist and possibly confuse people with your meandering way of composing your paragraphs. Not anything wrong with it. It is unique. Some tend to get lost and may not make the effort to try and understand what you're trying to say. I often reread a good bit while reading to make sure I'm not confused. Unless it is my intent to wax poetically, I try to be direct and to the point so that I am understood. Things get lost in translation and people might get hurt. I don't want anyone to get hurt on a bike or otherwise due to a misunderstanding or giving up on a lost translation.
    Reading your posts takes some effort. I make that effort. You're welcome. I see the humor most times. Other times I may not think it is humorous. That is my right. I will also stand up for your right to express yourself as that is your right. I will also tell you when I think "you're wrong for that."

I waited a good long time before answering, thinking a reply through thoroughly before making it. First and foremost I apologize, I didn't realize you take life so seriously and would be insulted by a silly joke. I don't understand how altering an already altered by you image is "defacing my work". Nobody here has access to your work, only reduced images of it, so I'll just let it pass without further comment. If you have trouble reading my posts, you can let them pass without comment, that is to say don't bother yourself trying to read them. I'll make it easy for you by making this my last response to anything you post, I'll just read yours without comment. Case closed.
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

Engaging a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. The bird will just knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and fly away to declare victory to his friends.

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I waited a good long time before answering, thinking a reply through thoroughly before making it. First and foremost I apologize, I didn't realize you take life so seriously and would be insulted by a silly joke. I don't understand how altering an already altered by you image is "defacing my work". Nobody here has access to your work, only reduced images of it, so I'll just let it pass without further comment. If you have trouble reading my posts, you can let them pass without comment, that is to say don't bother yourself trying to read them. I'll make it easy for you by making this my last response to anything you post, I'll just read yours without comment. Case closed.
    Oh please! WTF is wrong with you? WTF difference does it make what I do to my own work? What difference does it make what size it is since the message is still the same? Why do you think it's OK to do what you did? You do realize that artists have to fight this kind of thing every day, right?
    Yeah, now I'm a bit pissed because I try to be honest and explain things directly to you to try to reach a level of understanding but instead you just give me a big FUCK YOU on top of the fuck you you already gave me.
    You don't get it. You may never get it. It's disrespectful and your whole attitude is in line with the way artists were treated in the 50's. No wonder so many of them of that era either lived secluded lives or eventually killed themselves.
    I totally understand that anyone who deals with you has to walk on eggshells and I always try to look out for people like you and treat them with the respect that they think they're missing because of life experiences that were not favorable to them. Now I'm calling you out because I'm finished walking on eggshells and calling you out to stop banging your head on that wall you've built around yourself.
    Maybe you don't realize that when you push people they're going to push back ... but you should. You should already know that because I know you're one of the people who was pushed for a long time and didn't push back because you were probably not allowed to stand up for yourself in situations where you needed to. You may have tried to stand up but you were ignored and told to shut up by the very people in an authoritative position. I get it. It's a hard thing to grow out of and leads to making the situation worse as you grew older.
    I totally get it but I'm trying to explain to you that it's not cool. I wasn't mad when you defaced my picture. I thought I could reach you, reach out to you and even in some slight way, reach and understanding.
    But you don't want that. Just get defensive. Stick your tongue out and yell nee nur nee nurr nee nurr while running away. But you know what? DESPITE all that.
    I'll still be here to defend you because you're still a human being and to the best of my knowledge you haven't committed any heinous crime deserving of a public evisceration.