Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O-scope help

Oscope pr0n.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Oscope pr0n.
    Hard-core o'scope pr0n...now with clock!

ETA: this gadget does much more than display the time...and I think that one or two might make their way into my SB-series scope hacks.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9306

OClock-04-20-07-1.jpg
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Orca Whisperer
    Oh, by all means, I know I didn't get a cadillac of O-scopes :) I got something pretty basic, which covered at least getting used to it, and rumors say it's all through hole, and uses parts still available today.

Some of you folk would have drooled over what this estate sale had too: HO/O/N trains/parts/tracks/etc, retro gaming galore, and he had a ton of telco gear (Butt sets, tone tracers, crimps, punch downs, pole spikes, etc etc), and a ton more. One of the better ones I've been too. Shockingly, no ham gear though? I guess he had his plate full with his hobbies already lol
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Oh, by all means, I know I didn't get a cadillac of O-scopes :) I got something pretty basic, which covered at least getting used to it, and rumors say it's all through hole, and uses parts still available today.
    And
    Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV
    It's a Ramsey 2200 ($40 from an estate sale, I think I got a pretty ok deal on it)
    You did fine - one can never have too many scopes! I probably have 30 Tektronix SC50x and MR501 scope plugins in addition to my 7000 series gear - and that doesn't take into account the collection of various scope accessories which Heathkit, Kenwood and Yaesu produced.

I brought up the 7603 for a reason: Keep your eye on Craigslist. A working 7603 and 7D20 (2 channel digitizer) plugin went for $60 from a seller in the Chicago area, and that's about half the going rate for the plugin alone.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

his is all in YX's lab, trust me. I was there. He has more testing equipment than most metrology labs have on hand.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger