Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Showtime!

It's Showtime!

Little Miss Field Day's last High School Musical, Return to the Forbidden Planet, starts tomorrow night.

We got a sneak peak during the early part of the Dress Rehearsal this evening... the Boss and I are helping to run the Parent's Committee & are responsible for the Concessions, so we were dropping off the cases of water to sell (one of the other parents works at the school, after lunch, she'll get some cases of water in the lunchroom cooler so that they'll be ready for us)

8989a.jpg9046.jpg
    This is what LMFD will look like. If you think of the 1950's "B" Sci-Fi movies, then you know the look.

There are two points to note...

One, Doctor Who fans should recognize what she is holding in her right hand. The choice of the replica of the Tenth Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver was a deliberate choice of hers, borrowed from a classmate.

Two, if you look carefully at her costume, Star Trek fans should recognize a certain pin. If you're wondering why she's wearing it, well, her role as "Bosun" is to be the "ships" First Officer... need I say more?

Best part of this is (for us at least) is that she is onstage for most of the play, has a major role, and has at least three solo singing parts. She is having a blast... and three months of hard work is about to pay off!
    Last edited by W3WN; 03-25-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

When I saw the pics, I thought... "She needs Vulcan ears".
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

LMFD is headed right for BROADWAY!! She should get her First TONY Award in just a few years!
    Last edited by wa6mhz; 03-26-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Yes, she does. Do you know you can order them for about $12 off eBay?

The Director vetoed the idea. (Yes, she really did ask!)

But at one point, the entire onstage cast gives the Vulcan salute... as they say (I kid you not) "Live Long & Prospero"
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    LMFD is headed right for BROADWAY!! She should get her First TONY Award in just a few years!
    I surely hope so!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Will this do?
    9498.jpg

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Orca Whisperer
    Looks like Little Miss Field Day isn't going to be Little Miss for too long... Almost feels like we watched her grow up here :)
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Looks like Little Miss Field Day isn't going to be Little Miss for too long... Almost feels like we watched her grow up here :)
    Well, at 5 foot nothing, she will always be a Little Miss... :chin:

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Conch Master
    Please tell me she is NOT wearing a pair of your "Sansabelts" as part of her costume!
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Please tell me she is NOT wearing a pair of your "Sansabelts" as part of her costume!
    That's an easy one.

No, she's not... and I don't own any, anyway.

I have no idea where the school got those. And now that the show is over, let's hope that they burn the lot of them.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!