Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 31 foot vertical homemade.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Dos ve donya comrade
    Are you troll for Vlad, tovarish?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Are you troll for Vlad, tovarish?
    Nyet, comrade. He has me looking for moose and squirrel. Wants to use squirrel as drone over Ukraine, and moose for shirt rack.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Damn Cor, you are the short space antenna god! I usually have the real estate to run wires. This is awesome!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

My "plot" is 100 feet long and 25 feet wide, on which is the house of 32 feet long and just as wide as the plot, row of 6 houses under one roof.

You get "artistic" building and raising antenna's that way, after my cleaning up this summer, only a disc cone antenna and the FD-4 OCF will stay as will the 5 element beam stay for 6 meters.

The Imax will be replaced by the nw contraption I'm now trying to get the best results out.
    The Inverted L of 77 feet high and 77 feet to the side will sat as well.

The OCF is fit for 160 - 10, lengthened on the short side with coil and wire to resonate it on 160 as well, total length 150 feet now, stretched over 3 rows of housing estate.

The inverted L will tune from 160 - 10 with the MFJ 998 autotuner at the feedpoint.

2 and 70 beams will go, not used them in years, just as the Diamond X 510 replaced by the disc cone Diamond.
    I'll be 63 this August, so I'm cleaning up the antenna's and since all mounting hardware on the roof is 316 L stainless steel I don't have to worry it will corrode.
    With the storms we had the last years, I'm toning down the stuff on the roof, with me getting older I'm not planning to go on the roof every year now.

The new vertical is build like a tank, once up I don't have to worry about that one in a storm.
    The other mast with rotor and beams will have less as half the wind resistance after the clean up and be much lower.

Wish I had the space for a few beverages for 160.....:(
    Last edited by PA5COR; 03-28-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution