Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, might as well do it now...

Forum Addict

Well, might as well do it now...

$81.06 later as of this morning, I'm registered for my first marathon. Cape Cod, MA in Octobah. I've done a few halfs, scads of 10s, but never the full 26.2 (or any training run longer than 15 miles, for that matter).

Wicked pissah.

Now, to get to training, I guess...
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Best of luck to you in your run. It kills me to do just 3 miles.

But just remember, the human heart is designed to beat "X" number of times. Why speed it up?
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Best of luck to you in your run. It kills me to do just 3 miles.

But just remember, the human heart is designed to beat "X" number of times. Why speed it up?
    Planned obsolescence? :shock:
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Respect, start training early....;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Planned obsolescence? :shock:
    obsolete1.jpg
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    $81.06 later as of this morning, I'm registered for my first marathon. Cape Cod, MA in Octobah. I've done a few halfs, scads of 10s, but never the full 26.2 (or any training run longer than 15 miles, for that matter).

Wicked pissah.

Now, to get to training, I guess...
    > 26 MILES? Do they have a location about mid-way through the marathon where you can grab a cold beer and a smoke?

I could do this. 26 miles, should take no more than 6-8 days for me to cover...

Seriously, good luck to you! Just finishing that run will be quite an accomplishment!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    > 26 MILES? Do they have a location about mid-way through the marathon where you can grab a cold beer and a smoke?

I could do this. 26 miles, should take no more than 6-8 days for me to cover...

Seriously, good luck to you! Just finishing that run will be quite an accomplishment!
    6-8 days? Pffft. I can do it in well under a half hour.......................in the truck.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    6-8 days? Pffft. I can do it in well under a half hour.......................in the truck.
    My calculations are based on running full speed for the first 100 yards, entering into a slow trot for the next 200 yards, then crawling on my hands and knees for the remaining duration of the event...

Just the word run makes me finish-line puke! In much younger days I ran close to 26 miles to get back to friendly lines!

I can barely walk now, but have finished several marathons. The first one, I used the fartlek method. Then I met Dr. Ozzie Gontang on the old rec.running newsgroup. His free advice on training, and running was the best I have ever used. I was a glassy eyed disciple. I think he offers the best free advice out there. I wrote a narrative about my first marathon on that newsgroup. Dr Oz complimented me, I was shocked.

http://www.mindfulness.com/category/oz-on-marathoning/

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger