Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on simple video editing software?

Suggestions on simple video editing software?

Linux or Winders; doesn't matter. Preferably free. Not looking for anything complicated, or fancy.

Anyone?

Bueller?
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Orca Whisperer
    Cinelerra is the one I've used in the past... However, I do not think any video editing software is "simple" anymore, now that Windows Movie Maker is gone :(
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Banned
    I bought AVS for my son. It works quite well and is inexpensive for what you get, IMO.

http://video-editing-software-review...or-review.html

Avid Media Composer. Cheap at half the price. Well, maybe a quarter of the price. Maybe not.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

kdenlive it is what I have used.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

I use Blender on the Mac, but I don't know if other O/S's are available. The Pro X that comes for free is cool too.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Conch Master
    I'm in the process of experimenting with Ubuntu Studio. I'm using it for image processing, but it has a whole video processing section that includes most of the above listed software like Blender, Pitivi and Kdenlive!
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 01-20-2015 at 06:19 AM.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

I'm just looking for simple cut & stitch, really. Fades, titling, etc., I can live without.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    ..... now that Windows Movie Maker is gone :(
    Gone? It's sitting here on my Vista Machine!

Maybe I will go turn on the Windows 7 machine to see if it is there, I never even took notice of the program until today.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Gone? It's sitting here on my Vista Machine!

Maybe I will go turn on the Windows 7 machine to see if it is there, I never even took notice of the program until today.

So, it is! Windows Movie Maker then.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com