Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fedora + Yum Problems

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    I took the plunge & wiped Fedora 21

re-installed Fedora 20....back to "normal" again.....even with nvidia drivers & 3.17.4 kernel....

the major screwup happened with the release of the 3.17.6 kernel....someone screwed the pooch there...
    Has a bug report been filed ? Is the problem mainly isolated to nvidia drivers or does it encompass other video systems ? One thing I do hate about upgrades is when they break things that have been working well in earlier versions. My guess is that the problem will be fixed. You might try the upgrade again in a couple of months. Or just wait till Fedora 22 comes out. I usually wait at least a month or so after the official release date before I upgrade. I also apply the upgrade on a test machine before I commit my main system to the upgrade.

What app did you use for the upgrade ? Did you use YUM or Fedup ? Also did you install via an ISO image or via a network upgrade?
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Magdalena,New Mexico-- more left than right
    many bug reports have been filed...not sure if only nvidia, may be others...check the Forums....

Fedora upgrades have been working flawlessly until the upgrade to kernel 3.17.6....

used FedUp with network install....seemed to take several hours.....next time will just download iso & use
    Unetbootin...has never failed me yet...
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    Arch Linux OS
    "If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    many bug reports have been filed...not sure if only nvidia, may be others...check the Forums....

Fedora upgrades have been working flawlessly until the upgrade to kernel 3.17.6....

used FedUp with network install....seemed to take several hours.....next time will just download iso & use
    Unetbootin...has never failed me yet...
    I used fedUP to go from 19-20 last summer and it went pretty smooth. Is partially broke one or two programs that I run under mono but I was still able to run them. Seems that after a glibc update the problem went away and everything worked perfect. I plan to do the upgrade from 20 to 21 on my "test machine" this week. If it goes smooth and all seems well then I'll do the upgrade on this machine. Otherwise I'll wait till they fix it.

At present I'm running kernel 3.17.7-200 on Fedora 20 and all is good.
    Last edited by n2ize; 01-02-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.