Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 28.425 MHz the new 14.313 MHz ???

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by w0aew View Post
    Disengage cornpone filter.
    Then all of 75M will come crashing into your radio room. :shock:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I think the buffoonery on that frequency has been overstated, as it's not as big a target of opportunity.
    The "Usual Suspects" require the attention of a bigger audience. Such as nets and ragchew groups.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

WOW! Kicked out of 10-10?
    How does one mange to do that?

Matt

He was a total blockhead and annoying everyone in 10-10, so they banned him and stripped him of his 10-10 number! I still hear him calling CQ 10-10 on the rare occasion I pass by his PRIVATE Frequency, which he evidently owns! He even has CQ tapes so he can run his transmitter 24/7 to make sure no one seizes his frequency.
    I listenned yersterday a few times (THANKSGIVING) and didn't hear a peep from him. So guess he took off the HOLIDAY!

I have a receiver on the frequency now but haven't heard much QRMing. The Marconi Net used to get far more when it was in operation.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Magdalena,New Mexico-- more left than right
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    He was a total blockhead and annoying everyone in 10-10, so they banned him and stripped him of his 10-10 number! I still hear him calling CQ 10-10 on the rare occasion I pass by his PRIVATE Frequency, which he evidently owns! He even has CQ tapes so he can run his transmitter 24/7 to make sure no one seizes his frequency.
    I listenned yersterday a few times (THANKSGIVING) and didn't hear a peep from him. So guess he took off the HOLIDAY!
    actually Pat....he WAS on yesterday.....but.....R U ready 4 this.....on a DIFFERENT FREQUENCY

must have greased his VFO...

looks like he moved up around 28.473 MHz yesterday.....did NOT hear any QRM'ng......
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    Arch Linux OS
    "If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

I do actually have him in the log. When I first got my tuner and was able to get on 10, he was one of the first stations I worked. I didn't find out about the other stuff until after I logged him. Didn't give me any attitude or anything like that when I worked him, he had me confirmed in LOTW, Clublog, and EQSL within minutes also.

I won't condone some of the alleged things hes done, I haven't heard it myself, but I don't really do much but stop for a moment when I'm on 10 to see if I can hear him. If I can, then I know its at least open to the East Coast and I move on.

A few of the guys around here refer to him as the Human Beacon though because hes usually always there.

As for me though...good contact, quick to QSL, though obviously if an org will give him the boot, hes obviously done things that are likely not in the best interests of the hobby. But I can't hold anything against him personally for my one experience with him. Doesn't mean I endorse the bad behavior.

Yesterday around greyline a station in Canada on 14.313 was calling CQ DX for greyline contacts. I didn't answer, and the signal sounded like it was almost on an echo mike...
    73 to all!
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    22 year NCT (Licenced 08 Sept 1992)
    Less than a year NCG (Upgraded July, 2014)
    22+ years licensed.

Insert witty and creative sigfile stuff here.

I worked him once on the day I got my 10m Moxon up in the air. It was completely unmemorable, a standard RST-RST-73-73 QSO that took about thirty seconds.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

10-4 good buddy?
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by KF4ZGZ View Post
    WOW! Kicked out of 10-10?
    How does one mange to do that?

Matt
    I've read several accounts, some time ago, but they are all from the 10-X side of things. As I have no personal knowledge, I don't want to misquote anything from a half-assed memory.

Suffice to say that there are some who objected to his style of operating. Clearly things escalated to the point where he was removed from his positions in the organization, and eventually, removed from the organization. But I have no facts to give you.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati