Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 28.425 MHz the new 14.313 MHz ???

Magdalena,New Mexico-- more left than right

Is 28.425 MHz the new 14.313 MHz ???

while listening to 10M this morning, I was tuning across the band and came to 28.425 MHz...

pretty much every day I can hear our old friend Todd KC4TVZ on this frequency...maybe his
    VFO is frozen on that freq as I NEVER hear him any place else....

today was a little different tho.....EVERY TIME he came on calling CQ like he does, someone
    or someones came on with CQ using CW plus music and just plain babble talk....but when he
    turned it over to the station he was in QSO with the band was silent...

an obvious case of deliberate QRMing......has Todd become the new Karol from up North :roll:
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    Arch Linux OS
    "If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

No. QRMers appreciate the attention (and others) given them for their efforts. They exist to be noticed. Regular calling frequencies and nets are favorite QRMer targets. Especially if there are is any controversy around a frequency.

Noticing/posting/talking about it delivers the payload, just like clicking a phishing spam link.

So now what, the 28.425 Defense League of Extraordinary A-1 Operators?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Master Navigator
    I'm always envious of Todd's signal. I believe he is using a simple dipole, yet he is usually booming into Guadalajara. Too bad the jammers can't leave him alone and let him do his thing, even if his continuous CQ calls don't agree with everybody.

Forum Addict
    Yay for ionospheric critical angles...

:)
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I will have to add this frequency to my list of monitoring favorites.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    I'm always envious of Todd's signal.
    I'm not. It's pretty lame up here. I don't think he's ever been louder than S4.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I'm not. It's pretty lame up here. I don't think he's ever been louder than S4.
    Disengage cornpone filter.

Quote Originally Posted by w0aew View Post
    Disengage cornpone filter.
    Then all of 75M will come crashing into your radio room. :shock:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    while listening to 10M this morning, I was tuning across the band and came to 28.425 MHz...
    < snip >
    ...has Todd become the new Karol from up North :roll:
    Not yet, but if this keeps up, don't be surprised if he goes off the deep end.

I've read a lot of stories about him and his operating style (primarily against him). I have yet to run into him on the air personally; I've heard him call CQ, once in a while, and just move on (I'm not interested in participating in this little drama). So I have no bone to pick in this fight.

But, obviously, he's torqued off a few people. His expulsion from 10-10 alone is evidence of that.

So now some of The Usual Suspects have found themselves a new target of opportunity. Great. Just great. Just what Amateur Radio needs.

This will not end well.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

When does this buffoonery kick off in earnest?

Listening there now and the only thing I hear is an EI8 working DX.