Thread: Snowcopalypse Victim...

Snowcopalypse Victim...

Jets/Bills game postponed till Monday..and moved to Detroit.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

They said they asked fans to come and get paid $10 an hour to shovel snow out of the stadium plus free tickets, but no one showed up!!

Hey, it could have been worse.

The NFL originally wanted to move the game to Heinz Field for either late Sunday or Monday night.

Problem is, WPIAL High School Football playoff finals started today and run through tomorrow. After which, the Stadium Authority is going to repair/replace the sod. So it couldn't be done.

*whew* we dodged a bullet there!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    They said they asked fans to come and get paid $10 an hour to shovel snow out of the stadium plus free tickets, but no one showed up!!
    Nobody showed up, because, in the words of Cuomo:
    "While the Bills are free to not delay their game, and ask for volunteers to remove snow anyone approaching the stadium will be fined $1500 and sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating the standing driving ban. In my opinion, a game on Sunday is not feasible."
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Problem is, WPIAL High School Football playoff finals started today and run through tomorrow. After which, the Stadium Authority is going to repair/replace the sod. So it couldn't be done.

*whew* we dodged a bullet there!
    Didn't they try that a few years ago - followed by torrential rains on the new sod - and the condition of the field was historically awful?

I remember watching a punt, and the ball planted itself nose-first into the ground. Players were falling down on every play, the final score was 0-3 or something.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    Didn't they try that a few years ago - followed by torrential rains on the new sod - and the condition of the field was historically awful?

I remember watching a punt, and the ball planted itself nose-first into the ground. Players were falling down on every play, the final score was 0-3 or something.
    Yup.

That's why they want to give the new sod a week. It also doesn't help that the soil under the sod is at least half sand. (Don't ask me why... I've only been inside Heinz Field once, and that was the day that Little Miss Field Day tried out for American Idol. I prefer the venue on the other side of the parking lot that is the grave of 3 Rivers Stadium)

The U of Pitt team lost on Saturday afternoon. As soon as the stadium was cleared, they started re-sodding.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati