Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Snolocalypse!!! Snowlocaust!!

Orca Whisperer

Snolocalypse!!! Snowlocaust!!

Well, lots of closings here today, and I'm working remotely. Will likely head outside in a couple of hours to proceed with snow removal efforts... 2.5' of snow thus far, and still falling at about 2"/hr.

Oh, and UT's are standing by on 2M lulz.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Well, lots of closings here today, and I'm working remotely. Will likely head outside in a couple of hours to proceed with snow removal efforts... 2.5' of snow thus far, and still falling at about 2"/hr.

Wow, it's The Polar Vortex November. Only November. Doesn't lake effect snows ease up in Jan/Feb?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

I don't have the snow tires on it yet but my Pugsley laughs at your feeble snow flounderings! :rofl:

Now if I could only find time to ride the damned thing. That, and quit getting assorted weekend colds. No fun to ride with a clogged up head.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Conch Master

You people in Buffalsnow are kinda like an Early Warning Station for the rest of us folks. Thanks for the warning about Winter arriving, please tell us when you see Santa!
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 11-18-2014 at 08:01 AM.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Wow, it's The Polar Vortex November. Only November. Doesn't lake effect snows ease up in Jan/Feb?
    Yeah, more or less. It's not really too cold, but it's windy and the lake effect band is set up in one place, and not moving anywhere... I think it's slowing a little now, where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I don't have the snow tires on it yet but my Pugsley laughs at your feeble snow flounderings! :rofl:

Now if I could only find time to ride the damned thing. That, and quit getting assorted weekend colds. No fun to ride with a clogged up head.
    I dunno about that... Coupla areas are parking lots right now. Snow in my yard is waist-high. Drifts are killer too, coming up over my waist in the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    You people in Buffalsnow are kinda like an Early Warning Station for the rest of us folks. Thanks for the warning about Winter arriving, please tell us when you see Santa!
    Will do lol
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

I know naught of this "snow" thing of which you speak.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict

Uniformed Technicians?
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Forum Addict
    I guess in snow that deep, all you can see are the reflective vests...and maybe the 3-foot long HT antenna.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

You being da Pope know about edible snow in the desert and why it vanishes the next day. Then there's Miami snow and two of Phoebe Snow, railfans know about the other one but I digress..........

It's cold as a witch's chest lump here, the bushtits are frozen but thankfully not covered with snow... yet.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 11-18-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

It got cold this morning here in San Diego East County! Down to the mid 40s!!!! but it will be 80 by noon!