Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong 7.023 MHz QRP Transceivers

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    That reminds me, you going to be on SS SSB next weekend? I need DE on 20 meters...
    Not planning on it. I did my Clean Sweep 2 years ago. Haven't been on since.

If you care to let me know when and where on 20m, I'll try to stop by.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Not planning on it. I did my Clean Sweep 2 years ago. Haven't been on since.

If you care to let me know when and where on 20m, I'll try to stop by.
    Yes, and one has to admire the way that you got a "back door" WAS via your Clean Sweep.

I will be QRV sometime this evening. Don't know exactly when yet. The Boss is going to some sort of Mary Kay event, Little Miss Field Day is having a couple friends over -- one of them claims to have NEVER seen Blazing Saddles before, can you believe it? -- so I'm expected to make myself scarce.

After I buy the girls a couple of pizzas, of course.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Yes, and one has to admire the way that you got a "back door" WAS via your Clean Sweep.

I will be QRV sometime this evening. Don't know exactly when yet. The Boss is going to some sort of Mary Kay event, Little Miss Field Day is having a couple friends over -- one of them claims to have NEVER seen Blazing Saddles before, can you believe it? -- so I'm expected to make myself scarce.

After I buy the girls a couple of pizzas, of course.
    What are you going to do if LMFD come up to you and says "They said you was hung"?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Only one thing he can say:

“And they was right!

Last edited by NQ6U; 11-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    What are you going to do if LMFD come up to you and says "They said you was hung"?
    Nothing.

Her friends bailed. Seems that their grandfather showed up and is taking their family out to dinner.

So if it's just the two of us... she'll be watching Spaceballs, I'll be trying to work the FT4
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Backdoor WAS, huh? Worked @$$ Severely?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Backdoor WAS, huh? Worked @$$ Severely?
    Nah.

Jim found what may be the only way for a US or VE station to legitimately get an ARRL acknowledgment of WAS without joining the League.

One of these:
    sweep.jpg

Also, if he won the Delaware Section for his class & power level, it would also be indicated on his certificate.
    Sample_SS_Cert.jpg
    Last edited by W3WN; 11-11-2014 at 11:52 AM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

The good news:

The kit arrived today in the mail.

The bad news:

ONLY the kit arrive in the mail. No instructions. Nada. Not even a parts layout.

Nice.

I guess for under $8, by expecting an extra sheet of paper, I was expecting too much.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

When I was in high school a ham radio friend built a single transistor flea power 1/2 watt cw transmitter for 40 meters from a schematic he found in a ham radio projects book. It was pretty awesome when he told a station halfway around the world that he was running a half watt built with a transistor and a few parts salvaged from junked consumer portable radios.

I tried building a 3 tube 10 watt cw transmitter for 40 and 80 meters using junkbox parts and a few parts from surplus shops down on Canal Street NYC. I never got it to work right though. In those days my skills at laying out components was rather poor.

Guess I should have grounded the B++.
    Last edited by n2ize; 11-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Or for AM you can't over modulate no matter how hard you try just turn the circuit upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.