Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hong Kong 7.023 MHz QRP Transceivers

Hong Kong 7.023 MHz QRP Transceivers

For the last few months, at least, there has been a virtual horde of QRP transceivers, primarily centered on 7.023 MHz, available on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAM-RADIO-40...E:L:OU:US:1120 for one example, amongst many

Most of them are coming from Hong Kong or China.

Prices range from a couple of bucks to as much as $60, depending on the model, how far along the assembly is, and whether or not it includes a case.

I'm curious. Anyone ever purchase one of these, or know of someone who did, and if so, what were the results?

... and for under $8 including shipping? I'm giving this one a try. Not expecting much, but what the heck, could be fun.

Thoughts?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    Just looking from a top-up view of the board, it looks like a tweaked pixie II. In which case, it'd be worth it, as a Pixie kit is about $8 shipped, and it doesn't come with headphone and key jacks, or an antenna connection. You have to bring those yourself.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

It does look like a cute little rig

The only problem is that when you call CQ Contest it really sends......CQ大赛
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    The only problem is that when you call CQ Contest it really sends......CQ大赛
    Nah.

The only problem is that after you make a QSO with it, an hour later, you're hungry for another one!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    It does look like a cute little rig
    Yes, it does.

I'm a little tempted, once I have a look at the rig, to pick up a few and try to resell them at a hamfest, for a couple of bucks.

I can see one possible mod already... I'll have to find a way to put a crystal socket on the board, so that you can easily change frequencies, should you so desire. I may also want to bring the key, antenna, and power connectors off the board so that it could be put in a little case.

But one thing at a time. First I have to see how bad my soldering skills are...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Thoughts?
    Too low in the band. No mic input.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    No problem. A Swan 410 VFO, and a push pull 807 modulator, and away you go. This, however, will shorten the life of the 9 volt battery a little.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Right.

That reminds me, you going to be on SS SSB next weekend? I need DE on 20 meters...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Banned
    The oscillator is a Pierce style. I can't remember what the load caps are but you can replace them with something like 8pF or 5.6 pF to get a larger tuning range with what you have to work with. It will increase the frequency, but you get a larger tuning range.