Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Apple's CEO comes out of the closet

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Defuxoring is 1337-Speak, the present tense antonym of fuxor, to fuck over, fuck up, break something, etc.

JNLP: Java Network Launch Protocol.

KVM: Kernel-based Virtual Machine.

IPMI: Intelligent Platform Management Interface.
    This is of my generation, but I don't know squat about IT other than how not to fuck up my own machines.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

In St. Petersburg, Russia, a memorial to Steve Jobs (in the form of a giant iPhone) was removed after Tim Cook's announcement last week, purportedly because it violates Russian laws against "gay propaganda."

Full story here.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Honestly when this story came out, my first thought was that it was a slow news day, or Apple attempting to keep themselves above the fold for another day or two.
    73 to all!
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    22 year NCT (Licenced 08 Sept 1992)
    Less than a year NCG (Upgraded July, 2014)
    22+ years licensed.

Insert witty and creative sigfile stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by kd6nig View Post
    Honestly when this story came out, my first thought was that it was a slow news day, or Apple attempting to keep themselves above the fold for another day or two.
    If I remember correctly, the announcement was meant to head off an article that was being published. If it is mostly public anyway, why not state it in your own terms first?

It was very difficult for me to come out of the closet, and I was, and still am a great unknown. I would imagine that a well known person would have an even harder time coming out, unless they were facing a forced outing (which I abhor). Couple the financial interests that will cause some homophobes to boycott a product based entirely on the CEO's sexual orientation, and nothing else. I used to belong to a religious cult, and those loonies were boycotting satanic corporations like Procter & Gamble every day

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger