Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Wheels

I just read a performance review on the CB1100. 1/4 mile time was 11:78 @ 110 MPH. I knew it felt quick, but that's about 1/2 second quicker than my old 55 Chevy drag car with a big block. The trap speed was only 110, because that's where the speed limiter is set to kick in.

Master Navigator
    I was feeling all kinds of American pride reading about that modern new Harley, when I caught the line about it being made in India.

Huh?

Harley Davidson can kiss my grass from now on.

Remember to say 'namaste' if you call HD.

American motorcycle, you say? Let's see how refined this manufacturer's offering gets - and if I wear the Concours 14s out I might end up with one:

http://motusmotorcycles.com/mst
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Magdalena,New Mexico-- more left than right
    when you said "new wheels" I thot of this.....while not a bike, it's still pretty kewl.....

I believe the engine is a V-16.....either Allison or Rolls Royce Merlin engine from P-51 WWII fighter..

I could see this cruising the local Sonic drive-in..8)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    Arch Linux OS
    "If you're not living on the edge, then you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    when you said "new wheels" I thot of this.....while not a bike, it's still pretty kewl.....

I believe the engine is a V-16.....either Allison or Rolls Royce Merlin engine from P-51 WWII fighter..

I could see this cruising the local Sonic drive-in..8)
    I'm pretty sure the Merlin had 12 cylinders, and it had a voice of it's own. No mistaking when one of those pass near the house.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Merlin had 12 cylinders, and it had a voice of it's own. No mistaking when one of those pass near the house.
    Yep, the Merlin was a V-12. A friend of mine who was an AP mechanic used to build them for air racers. The Allison was a V-12 as well.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I was feeling all kinds of American pride reading about that modern new Harley, when I caught the line about it being made in India.

Huh?

Harley Davidson can kiss my grass from now on.

Remember to say 'namaste' if you call HD.
    All sorts of reactionaries are presuming that the new "Street" bikes are made in India.

They are, but they are built in the USA too. Harley just went "global" is all.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I want one of these myself. Its a strange looking bike but i like the way it looks!

http://www.thoroughbred-motorsports.com/