Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CQWW SSB...

Forum Addict

CQWW SSB...

Less than a week to go. In my infinite wisdom I actually said "yes" to volunteering to run a half dozen stints in a two-op station; my first exposure to top-level contesting. I've used this particular station for state QSO parties and such, but never a full 48-hour operation.

What did I get into... :yum:
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I will have probably a total of 4 hours to devote to this one. But if i can snag just ONE all time new one, that will make it all worth while. Hell, ill be happy with some new band countries!
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Forum Addict
    Whew.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I will have probably a total of 4 hours to devote to this one. But if i can snag just ONE all time new one, that will make it all worth while. Hell, ill be happy with some new band countries!
    I heard you a few times, usually calling someone else.

Have fun? (I did, at least during the few hours I was on)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I heard you a few times, usually calling someone else.

Have fun? (I did, at least during the few hours I was on)
    You heard me in there? Yeah, i had whatever fun i could grab from the time allowed.

I decided to run 10 meters...about 75 watts to an Inverted Vee and managed 8 contacts. Got KL7, VK4, XE, LU, JA, P4, VE and the best one was VK9LM, Lord Howe for a new one on 10.

So i would say i did as well as expected. Im not on SSB very often at all. But i do plan on making a much bigger splash next month in the CW test.

Forum Addict
    10 was insane.

I was on 15 for most of the time that 10 was wide-open to JA and most of SE Asia...something like a 350+ 10-minute QSO rate vs. my 150+ QSO rate on 15 :D

Funniest part was when I got called by VK9XSP off the back of the beam Sunday afternoon. I was happily running into EU, just cleaning up what points I could get, and I hear this really weak VK. Only after I finished did the station owner tell me that yeah, that one was kind of rare, lol.
    Jim

Im having a hell of a time chasing down that VK9X! Every time i find them, they are too weak, or the pile is reall big, or they simply arent there...i think i have a few more days to put them in the log. I just need one!

I made 27 contacts through the entire thing. Didn't have much time.

But a few ATNOs for me :)
    73 to all!
    Joshua, KD6NIG
    22 year NCT (Licenced 08 Sept 1992)
    Less than a year NCG (Upgraded July, 2014)
    22+ years licensed.

Insert witty and creative sigfile stuff here.

Thats great! ATNO's are my main goal in these things, but im happy with NBC's too...got only one. What new ones did you snag?

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    You heard me in there? Yeah, i had whatever fun i could grab from the time allowed.

I decided to run 10 meters...about 75 watts to an Inverted Vee and managed 8 contacts. Got KL7, VK4, XE, LU, JA, P4, VE and the best one was VK9LM, Lord Howe for a new one on 10.

So i would say i did as well as expected. Im not on SSB very often at all. But i do plan on making a much bigger splash next month in the CW test.
    Sounds like a plan.

Now, if I can just get the 43 foot mast fixed up to be a vertical, and you can find a few minutes during the 'test to be on 160...

I'll not only send a QSL card, I'll send cookies!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati