Thread: Squelch Kickback?

Squelch Kickback?

So, I setup a small simplex repeater here to test my coverage since I went overkill on 2 meters.

I am using my TM-281A and my Signalink USB with Simplex 2.2.3 and last night it was working fine.

When I woke up this morning I started testing it with my portable Wouxun and the software keeps sticking, after one transmission the RX side is in like a loop to where the RXr dies then kicks in then dies again.

I tried restarting the software, no luck. No settings were changed from last night.

I would like to use EchoStation but it takes about 15 seconds to play back the audio, may e if someone could help me figure out how to do immediate play back on EchoStation this can fix the issue.

Thanks in advanced!
    What's Up!

Is it just a matter of the squelch opening up, or is the radio going in and out of transmit? I'm not familiar with the program you are using to control the rig, but if it has an option to adjust the delay time between receive and transit, you may want to increase that time.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

The transmitter is in and out like it can hear the PTT inter ally. I will look and see if it has delay timer inside the program (Simplex 2.2.3)
    What's Up!

For anyone having the same issue in future Google Searches, this si how you fix the issue.

If you want to be like me and use both EchoStation as an Announcement Machine and Simplex 2.2.3 for the Simplex Repeater Software, you must right-click on your speaker icon and select "Recording Devices". Left-Click your mic (Signalink USB or Whatever You Use) and click "Properties". Click the "Levels" Tab and drag it to 50. Select the "Advanced" tab and make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". This should uncheck the second tick box also. Hit "Apple" and "Ok".

What the computer would do is bump the audio up to where it was feedback into the Speaker (Signalink).

Enjoy!
    What's Up!

Give ECHPRODUCER a look. It can also transmit weather info and newsline, etc.

@AE7RZ I will! I am a big guy when it comes to weather and would be awesome to have that as our coverage for NOAA is VERY spotty.

Many thanks!
    What's Up!

I was concerned that this was a thread about a politician named Squelch. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by W0AJA View Post
    For anyone having the same issue in future Google Searches, this si how you fix the issue.

If you want to be like me and use both EchoStation as an Announcement Machine and Simplex 2.2.3 for the Simplex Repeater Software, you must right-click on your speaker icon and select "Recording Devices". Left-Click your mic (Signalink USB or Whatever You Use) and click "Properties". Click the "Levels" Tab and drag it to 50. Select the "Advanced" tab and make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". This should uncheck the second tick box also. Hit "Apple" and "Ok".

What the computer would do is bump the audio up to where it was feedback into the Speaker (Signalink).

Enjoy!

I can't find "Apple" lol
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Haha, when I was typing this I was looking at an Apple device, mind and eyes don't work when typing :)
    What's Up!