Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: KB3LAZ MIA

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Travis posted on FB a couple of days ago....I sent him a message saying the militant lesbian nun corps would be sent out after him if he doesn't check in with His HolyShitness...
    That is brutal!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Sooo...

(waiting for the other shoe to drop.)
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Tick tock tick tock...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Yeah, I totally spaced. I have been doing paperwork and am teaching on the weekends. Not to mention I had to redo the bathroom which meant removing all of the tiles and the lot. I have to juggle all of that as well as making time for my wife and her family.

Fortunately it is a holiday weekend here so I have an extra day. Also, Pilar just got her next form in the mail which means we finally get to start the final step. I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long when suddenly the papers came in the mail and explained it all.

The Nebraska office was overloaded so we were transferred to New Hampshire. Also, there are no case agents in Spain so we have to go through Paris. If I am understanding things correctly, when Pili goes in for her meeting (not the kind from the movie green card, that has already been done, twice) it will be in Paris and they will go over all of the paperwork with her to make sure it is all valid ad that she understands everything. After that they greenlight it and send it in. Then about two weeks later she will get her packet to go to the airport and when she lands in the states the majority of the paperwork is over.

How long will that take? I have given up guessing at that. What I know is that after this form is given the okay, a meeting date will be set for no more than 90 days later. So it will be up to 90+14+processing time. Feb/March? Again, I am done guessing, lol. When they say it takes two years, they are not shitting you.

Some progress is better than no progress.

That aside, I didn't mean to worry anyone, I have just been spaced out.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Hey, good to see that you're okay. What with all the stuff people are catching and the wars all over the place, good to see that you are doing fine.

Had that milk container as an avatar for a couple of weeks too. ;)
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Hey, good to see that you're okay. What with all the stuff people are catching and the wars all over the place, good to see that you are doing fine.

Had that milk container as an avatar for a couple of weeks too. ;)
    Yeah, hard to avoid that news but I try to. No point in worrying about stuff like that. It is always something.

Worst thing I have had to deal with is tiger mosquitoes. They triple tap you before you can squash them and they leave a hole like a gun shot. I basically lived in the forest in the states with no issues from bugs but here something bites me and I look like I have been tortured.

That aside, I am building up a decent bank roll as I never buy anything for myself here as it is too much of a pain to bring it to the states with me. :) Will make for a good fresh start when we get back and start looking for work again. Which, compared to here shouldn't be hard to find.

By the time I get home it may be Ham fest season again, LOL.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    Yeah, I totally spaced. I have been doing paperwork and am teaching on the weekends. Not to mention I had to redo the bathroom which meant removing all of the tiles and the lot. I have to juggle all of that as well as making time for my wife and her family.

Fortunately it is a holiday weekend here so I have an extra day. Also, Pilar just got her next form in the mail which means we finally get to start the final step. I was beginning to wonder what was taking so long when suddenly the papers came in the mail and explained it all.

The Nebraska office was overloaded so we were transferred to New Hampshire. Also, there are no case agents in Spain so we have to go through Paris. If I am understanding things correctly, when Pili goes in for her meeting (not the kind from the movie green card, that has already been done, twice) it will be in Paris and they will go over all of the paperwork with her to make sure it is all valid ad that she understands everything. After that they greenlight it and send it in. Then about two weeks later she will get her packet to go to the airport and when she lands in the states the majority of the paperwork is over.

How long will that take? I have given up guessing at that. What I know is that after this form is given the okay, a meeting date will be set for no more than 90 days later. So it will be up to 90+14+processing time. Feb/March? Again, I am done guessing, lol. When they say it takes two years, they are not shitting you.

Some progress is better than no progress.

That aside, I didn't mean to worry anyone, I have just been spaced out.
    I see that Da Pope's militant lesbian nun corps finally found you!!!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    I see that Da Pope's militant lesbian nun corps finally found you!!!
    No nuns, just happenstance.

Good to hear fro you again M8 ;)

At least you are quite busy, no time to play radio I see, but wishing you both luck in the paperwork and all the stuff that needs to be done.
    Take some time to relax...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

"Yeah, I totally spaced."
    Then stop biting hippies!

"Worst thing I have had to deal with is tiger mosquitoes."
    That must be frustrating, you have a nice satisfying meal then they take it away from you.

Welcome back Kotter, now remember not to stay away so long next time. You had us all worried like you got lost in the maze of red tape or something.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.