Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got mooned

I got mooned

Boy, tonight, the moon was big and bright, deep in the heart of New River.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

The moon is just now rising over the neighbor's house here, but with all the rain you guys have been having there I'm surprised you could even see it.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-08-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

That was a biggun tonight, wasn't it? Super harvest moon.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    With all the rain you guys have been having there, I'm surprised you could even see it.
    Kind of a break in the action. More rain later tonight.

Speaking of three pictures, how the hell do we post a single photo these days?

You gotta click the little box.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Kind of a break in the action. More rain later tonight.

Speaking of three pictures, how the hell do we post a single photo these days?
    One way is to use one of the free photo sharing sites like Photobucket or Imgur and post with a URL instead of uploading as an attachment. Be sure to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

If you insist on uploading, you can use the "Basic Uploader" option in the "Insert Image" pop-up menu. For reasons I don't understand, that prevents the double image problem.

Attachment 13022
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-08-2014 at 09:32 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    One way is to use one of the free photo sharing sites like Photobucket or Imgur and post with a URL instead of uploading as an attachment. Be sure to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.

If you insist on uploading, you can use the "Basic Uploader" option in the "Insert Image" pop-up menu. For reasons I don't understand, that prevents the double image problem.
    All I use is the basic uploader because the other doesn't upload at all. When you hit select files, nothing happens. It's been this way for me for quite awhile. I've tried deleting one of the duplicate photos, but then in a day or so, they all vaporize. It does it with Win versions 7 and 8. Thinking it might be Internet Explorer, since that causes all kinds of interesting issues at sites like UPS and FedEx, I've tried other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and a few others to no avail.

I'll try your other option and see if that will work for me. Thanks.

No Moon here. Huge pendulous clouds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    All I use is the basic uploader because the other doesn't upload at all. When you hit select files, nothing happens. It's been this way for me for quite awhile. I've tried deleting one of the duplicate photos, but then in a day or so, they all vaporize. It does it with Win versions 7 and 8. Thinking it might be Internet Explorer, since that causes all kinds of interesting issues at sites like UPS and FedEx, I've tried other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and a few others to no avail.

I'll try your other option and see if that will work for me. Thanks.
    Nope, it's not Windows or IE. Does the same exact thing for me in Chrome and FF on Linux Mint.

Anyway, really nice pics! I enjoyed the sight on my front porch for a bit last night.

Quote Originally Posted by N2CHX View Post
    Nope, it's not Windows or IE. Does the same exact thing for me in Chrome and FF on Linux Mint.
    But it doesn't happen to me using Firefox v.32 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. No explanation for why the client/OS one uses would make any difference at all.