Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Tickets

Playoff Tickets

So, the day before we go on vacation, we get a postcard from the Pirates, informing us that we can find out what our status is on season tickets after a certain date.

We checked out the link provided for our personal information, and are informed that since, even though we are season ticket holders, we're only on a 1/4 ticket plan, we have to call our rep -- but if we "upgrade" to a 1/2 season plan next year, we are guaranteed tickets. Only way to guarantee playoff tickets.

The boss finally hooked up with our rep today.

If we stay on the current plan, we are guaranteed TWO tickets for the Wild Card round. Only two. Not three. Even though we have three seats on the plan.

Nothing the Pirates can do, we are told. This is set by Major League Baseball.

In other words, squeeze 'us for all we got...

I guess, IF the Pirates make the playoffs (which I think they will, but there's no guarantees yet), the Boss & Little Miss Field Day will be at the stadium. I'll be watching the boobus toobus here at home.

And working DX. Hmmm. So I guess it's not all bad...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

At least they have a chance of making the playoffs. All they have to do is sweep the Redbirds and get a game up on them. Pity the Rockies...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    At least they have a chance of making the playoffs. All they have to do is sweep the Redbirds and get a game up on them. Pity the Rockies...
    I've felt sorry for the Rockies fans ever since the team fired Clint Hurdle and replaced him with John "Mr. Emotion" Russell.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I've felt sorry for the Rockies fans ever since the team fired Clint Hurdle and replaced him with John "Mr. Emotion" Russell.
    I hope that if the Yankees replace Girardi, they get Willie Randolph. He did an impressive job while he managed the Mets and that was with a team that was dead from the neck up and management that was having money troubles (Bernie Madoff). If Girardi goes, he or Mattingly would be good, but I doubt if Mattingly would leave the Dodgers and I don't blame him.

Right now, the Yanks are my #2 team. I told NHE on Jan. 1st that the Yanks didn't have the horses to go all the way and that there was too much dead wood on the team. I switched to the Dodgers then.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

And today's number is:

Three.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

And today's number is:

Three.
    Today's majick number for the Padres is:

E

Oh, well, there's always next year.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-18-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I didn't say it was the "magic" number. Just the key to a milestone.
    --------
    We decided to pass on buying the "strip" of tickets. We weren't going to get our seats anyway, and it was just way too much cash to outlay... especially for only 2 seats.

However, we had another round, which started at 10 AM (EDT) yesterday through midnight tonight. We could purchase up to 4 tickets per game, on a game by game basis, for any potential Wild Card or NLDS game.

So, we got three tickets for the Wild Card, three for NLDS Game 1, three for NLDS Game 2. Any games not played or not played here, we get an immediate refund. Should we get to the NLCS or even the WS round, they'll do the same thing. I'm fully expecting that, well, baring a collapse by either the Giants and/or the Cardinals, the Pirates will be the #2 Wild Card this year, so they'll play the WC on the road -- so we'll get those shekels back. But, just in case...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

The number for Thursday 18 Sept 2014:

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

The number for Thursday 18 Sept 2014:

Just remember 1 is the loneliest number.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Just remember 1 is the loneliest number.
    I've heard that.

IIRC, the magic number for the Pirates is 10. However, the magic number for the Cardinals is 9. Going to be a VERY interesting week coming up...

on edit: and my count was off, it should have been 1, not 2, this morning.
    Last edited by W3WN; 09-18-2014 at 09:16 PM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!