Thread: W3WAN Repeater System "Visually Impaired Net"

W3WAN Repeater System "Visually Impaired Net"

Special new NET announcement form Tom Brew K3WS, President of Cambria Radio Club and WAN Core Member.
    I am very pleased to announce that on behalf of Cambria Radio Club and The Wide Area Network Repeater System: On Saturday august 9th at 7:00 PM, Roy W3TKR will be hosting the first ever Visually Impaired Technical Discussion NET.
    The purpose of this net lead by Roy W3TKR will be to discuss technology available to the visually impaired and blind community of HAM’s allowinggreater to access and ease of operation for a large segment of amateur radio and the many modes we are able to operate. Come share your story of what equipment and technology that you utilize operating amateur radio.
    One topic will be screen readers.
    We hope this Visually Impaired Technical Discussion NET will become a regular event.
    While the NET is intended for the visually impaired or blind, anyone with valuable input is welcomed.
    This is not a check in for the numbers net ……
    Roy W3TKR, NET Control will take breaks every 15 min to allow other calls or traffic, should this NET run long. As always a valid double break will be acknowledged for emergency traffic at any time.
    Thank you in advance for your participation, or cooperation yielding the air time during this net. Please share this with others that you feel will benefit. Respectfully, Tom Brew K3WS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted on the W3WAN Facebook Page, Reuploaded by me
    What's Up!

Orca Whisperer
    What freq/modes/nodes?
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Banned
    I meet at least 10 drivers on the road every day who could benefit from this.

Moved to the Amateur Radio News forum...

This kind of stuff was going on in Dayton, Ohio back in the 90's nothing new here. BTW, I have driven many blind hams to radio events, and weekend dinners. Here is an excellent source of information about blind/disabled hams.

http://www.qsl.net/va3rj/handi-ham.html
    Last edited by suddenseer; 08-01-2014 at 11:49 AM. Reason: wanted to be positive

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I'm still waiting to sign up with the Mentally Impaired Net.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I'm still waiting to sign up with the Mentally Impaired Net.
    They meet on 14.313 24/7/365
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"