Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Copper Antenna Wire

Copper Antenna Wire

Where do you get yours?

http://www.thewireman.com/

I'm particularly fond of their product #531.
    Last edited by KJ3N; 07-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Home Despot, regular old 14 AWG THHN copper wire by the 500 foot spool. Works fine for the most part, although it does stretch over time so if you can find (and afford) multi-strand copper-clad steel wire, that's the way to go.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Master Navigator
    I get my copper wire from the local power company. For some reason, they use lots of it in the street lamps.

a.jpg

Really though, I still have some rolls of stranded copper wire that I bought from HRO Atlanta. Like the Pope, I also use 14 AWG THHN copper wire from a local electrical supply house -- as mentioned, it does have some stretching issues.

I've bought it by the spool at the local hardware. Pulled a spool of 8ga out of the work dumpster a few years ago. I asked, "Are you sure you want to throw this away?"

Get hold of some old telegraph wire. It works great and is very strong.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Old transformers.
    In series
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I've bought it by the spool at the local hardware. Pulled a spool of 8ga out of the work dumpster a few years ago. I asked, "Are you sure you want to throw this away?"

Finding a roll of copper wire like that is like finding a treasure chest these days.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Cleaned out a shop that sold anything from audi televisions and washing machines and did installations in electrics and grounding for lightning stuff,
    Got all the wire out for testing the ( repaired) audio and televisions for the guys that bought the content of the shop, 10,000 feet of wire in supply here, 3000 feet of which is now my radial field for the inverted L.
    Gave away some of it to poor hams that needed some wire, must have 5000 feet left for projects.

Included some shielded wire for microphones and lots of 300 foot rolls of 230 volt 16 amp installation wire, grounding wire some large copper clamps for lightning arrestors etc.
    Used 17 grounding stakes here in the young seaclay to make sure I have a decent ground.
    Seems I succeeded in that since my electrical installation was tested last year and the guy really tapped his electronic meter because he couold not believe the low resistance I had, grounds are all interconnected to the house ground.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution