Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Image Uploads

Image Uploads

Seems we have a couple of issues with image uploads. I'm trying to find the problems, nothing obvious has been found in the control panel for this place, but it has 36 million settings.

In the meantime, photobucket seems a good place to park stuff to link to. I just created an account, it's free, and painless. Images stored there and linked to here seem to display properly.

Comments/suggestions welcome.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I just mailed out a box of crayons to everybody.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Crayons?? ....... Eddie you do better than that! ...... may I suggest finger paints
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Well, at least avatar image changes are working OK, eh?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Work-around to prevent double images

*** NOTE: This does not work well for all browsers! IE in particular, has issues with the images after the attachment (the resource) is removed.

Awkward, but it works.

You'll need to use the Advanced editor. Using the image icon, and the Basic Uploader, upload your image as usual. Doesn't matter if it's remote or on your machine.

Next, scroll down and look for the Manage Attachments button and click to open another window:

At the bottom of the new window, the attachment (the image you uploaded) will be located in the left of the frame. Hover over it, and use the "X" to delete the attachment. DO NOT delete files in the top frame (previously uploaded files). Use the "X" on that window to close it (don't use the "Done" button at the lower right of the window), and you're done.

Having already placed the image object in the "Your Message" editor window, it will still show in your post, but without the duplicate image showing the attachment.

I used that method to post a picture of my Pontiac here: https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post594619

and on the graphic of the Manage Attachments button in this post.

Like I said, awkward. No warranty implied!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I havent been able to see any uploads on here while using any sort of mobile browser since like forever! Cant see any sort of thumbnails or attachments using the mobile version of Chrome, Internet Explorer or Safari. I CAN see linked images using the IMG html code but no can see directly uploaded images to the Island server.

I put up a thread months ago asking about it but nobody responded to it.

I THINK its a VBulletin boad issue but not sure how to check it. I get the same issue with all the other forums using the same software. I have gone through my user settings on both my phone software and the user interface on the forum and I cant find any sort of setting to tweak anywhere. This happens on both IPhone and Android platforms.

Anyone have any idea how to address this?
    Last edited by W5BRM; 06-15-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Awkward, but it works.

You'll need to use the Advanced editor. Using the image icon, and the Basic Uploader, upload your image as usual. Doesn't matter if it's remote or on your machine.

Next, scroll down and look for the Manage Attachments button and click to open another window:

At the bottom of the new window, the attachment (the image you uploaded) will be located in the left of the frame. Hover over it, and use the "X" to delete the attachment. DO NOT delete files in the top frame (previously uploaded files). Use the "X" on that window to close it (don't use the "Done" button at the lower right of the window), and you're done.

Having already placed the image object in the "Your Message" editor window, it will still show in your post, but without the duplicate image showing the attachment.

I used that method to post a picture of my Pontiac here: https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post594619

and on the graphic of the Manage Attachments button in this post.

Like I said, awkward. No warranty implied!
    It does work, Luke.

I just cleaned up my Guatemala posts. The duplication is gone.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I haven't had any issues other than being forced to use the "basic uploader" option for the past few months, but here's a test:

Attachment 12510
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I haven't had any issues other than being forced to use the "basic uploader" option for the past few months, but here's a test:

Your uploader works extremely well Carl........ bravo!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Somebody broke my crayons. Can you send more?
    broken-crayons_300.jpg