Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Field day location, class, and modes

Beach Bum

Field day location, class, and modes

Since I started that other thread on Field day:
    If you are participating in your local Field Day operation, then post your class and section along with modes your field day site will operate.

I will be operating 3A from the University of Arkansas Agricultural Park in Fayetteville Arkansas. I will be operating mostly digital, but there will also be SSB and CW stations at my field day site.

I'll be working most of the overnight shift at N3SH 3A WPA. We'll be located in a pavilion in South Park (Allegheny County Park), right alongside Brownsville Road.

Easy to find if anyone wishes to drop by. (* Hint * *Hint * )

We'll be on CW, SSB & Digital.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

... I may also do a little 1D before or after, from home. Especially if I hear NV or AK on 160!! (I know, but a man can dream, even if it is an impossible dream)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    I will be out, on battery, doing digital. Not in an organized group, just playing radio.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

We'll be operating as K6SEE, 7F SDG from the Lakeside (California) EOC annex. I'll be running my IC-736 as the PSK-31 digital station on 15m. Everyone else will be SSB phone on the other bands.

Ron, I worked your club's FD station on 15m digital last year.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 06-10-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Look for KC3AM and K3QBD from DE. KC3AM will likely be operating 2A, maybe 3A. K3QBD will likely be operating 1A.

It is unlikely that I'll be operating at either location. I know most of the guys at KC3AM and I tend to stop by and shoot the breeze with them. The other site, I'm not very familiar with that crowd and I don't tend to say long.

If I do anything on the air for FD, I will likely active KS3D as 1D (on the K3), or 1E (battery powered IC-703).
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I will be with the Amateur Radio Club of El Cajon (I'm President) at the SANTEE LAKES Adminstration building at the far south end of the lakes. I am there all day but go home at night and then come back early Sunday morning for more operating.
    I will be on 20 SSB with my 1965 Hallicrafters SR-400 Cyclone. It works great still after 50 years!
    visitors are most welcome and we'd love to have anyone stop by. Hope to work lotsa Islanders during Field Day I will be on as WA6BGS (BIg Green SPIDER)
    we should have the loudest signal out of the West Coast with a Tribander at 100ft!
    Last edited by wa6mhz; 06-11-2014 at 08:52 AM.

We're either going to be on the road to suddenseer's place for a beer exchange, cycling the Towpath and handing out 6/2/220/440 FM simplex mobile points like we did last year or I may head to a work friend's place and set up a 1 or 2B station at the far end of her back yard. It's all up in the air at this point.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Beach Bum
    I forgot to mention we will be AA5AR for the club call, and N5NTI for the GOTA call.
    If you hear N5NTI on the radio make sure to be friendly. We are going to have probably 8 middle school students who are new operators participating.

Our 19 year old home HVAC unit gave up the ghost about a month ago and we had to replace the whole thing so I will be running 1D this year. I'll be damned if I am going to spend one minute more than I have to outdoors when I have a brand new A/C system!
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"