Thread: Need help with a stealth antenna

Need help with a stealth antenna

Ladies, gentlemen. After a long absence, I've gotten the itch to put my station back on the air.

Here's the problem, I'm stuck living in a condo. Also, it's on the ground floor.

I *cough* have access to the roof and there's a drain pipe rather conveniently located next to my unit.
    And the building is three stories, at least I'll get some elevation out of it.

I'm considering a long wire tacked along the parapet on the roof and running a feeder concealed in the drain pipe.
    Or make the drain pipe the vertical leg of an inverted L.

For right now, I'm limited to 10 meters. Ideally I would like to design things with an eye towards the other HF bands
    as I am working on studying to upgrade my license.

Any guidance is greatly welcome in my latest pursuit of black ops shenanigans.

http://pa0fri.home.xs4all.nl/Ant/Ant...al.htm#PLATDAK

Have a lookie here, in Dutch but with piccies to give you an idea ;)

Do scroll down on that page...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

A wire up the drainpipe would be quite good but probably suffer from EMC from all the gadgets running in the condo. I suggest two parallel 75ohm coaxes to the roof giving you a waterproof 150 ohm feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    A wire up the drainpipe would be quite good but probably suffer from EMC from all the gadgets running in the condo. I suggest two parallel 75ohm coaxes to the roof giving you a waterproof 150 ohm feeder.
    Interesting, I had not considered that.

I turned on the radio with a cheapie "10 meter" mag mount hooked up to it. There's a fair amount of RF noise in the place. We shall see how it goes.

Do you have access to the roof? A hamstick or equivalent attached to a vent pipe would be virtually invisible.

Are you allowed a flagpole?

How about a front porch or patio? A potted climbing plant, with a trellis that just HAPPENS to be about 4 feet high, can be a great disguise for one or more hamstick type antennas.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Tiki Bearer
    Is your car parked nearby? Mount an antenna on the car and run a length of coax in through the window when operating...