Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yaesu FT-101E

Yaesu FT-101E

My Yaesu FT-101E has been just sitting on the desk being used as a Propagation Detector; if I hear voices coming from it, then I know that 10 meters is open as well. Such a waste of a good radio.

I have been using my Solid State radio for the lower bands but I am going to Tune the Hollow State radio up on 40 meters tonight and see if they notice on the receiving end.

On Edit:

It needs work.
    Last edited by koØm; 05-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.

I had an FL-101/FR-101D combo at one time as well and an FT-201/FR-101S pair. Sold them.

I now have a bunch of FT-301s. If I can find another FT-301S (low-power analog version) which can be used as a project rig I'm going to turn two of those radios into ham-band receive-only setups and pair them with their respective transceivers. The 301S will be turned into an SWBCB rig.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Drakes.
    Cubics.
    Ten-Tecs.
    Yaesus.

Fred? How many radios do you have? You're not trying to be the East Coast extension of the world famous Crest Radio Museum, are you? Or do I have to start buying you Ramen as well?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    The wife would kill me if I added another radio... But, what she don't know...

And don't tell her Kelli! :P
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Drakes.
    Cubics.
    Ten-Tecs.
    Yaesus.

Fred? How many radios do you have? You're not trying to be the East Coast extension of the world famous Crest Radio Museum, are you? Or do I have to start buying you Ramen as well?
    Nope...I just restore some of them and send them on their way. Others become modification candidates. I love to hot-rod things.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Nope...I just restore some of them and send them on their way. Others become modification candidates. I love to hot-rod things.

And that's what it's all about. Or was that the hokey pokey?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

There currently is a completely chromed out FT-101EE setup in the flea market - rig, VFO, YO-100 scope, FL-2100B, SP-101B and a YC-650 counter - for $1k.

I'm betting it comes complete with 11M crystals. And the brown wire is snipped.

No Excuses.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

No problem, I knew a CBer who used an FT-101EE/FL-2100B combo and because he knew the proper way to use them he sounded perfect on AM and SSB, only a little spatter on adjacent channels too.

I can't say I wasn't "pushing power" either, still I had no complaints about bothering anybody, except maybe one. Once upon a midnight dreary while I pondered weak and weary, who should come on the channel complaining I stepped on his mobile only a mile away but one of those shore people. I was up north at the time on top of a 350ft AMSL hill, and could barely hear a guy I was talking with across town through all the "skip". I just told him at the time he wasn't even a bump in the 20dB/S9 noise level so how was I to know? Oh, that's a Courier 1-M atop the Hallicrafters general coverage receiver I used for QRP and a receiver for when the chips were down, the only rig at the time with a triple conversion receiver and ultimate selectivity.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    There currently is a completely chromed out FT-101EE setup in the flea market - rig, VFO, YO-100 scope, FL-2100B, SP-101B and a YC-650 counter - for $1k.

I'm betting it comes complete with 11M crystals. And the brown wire is snipped.
    I saw that setup and I'm thinking that unless a collector like Pat came along, that station was going to go back home in the box still complete and looking pretty.