Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA gives Donald Sterling the heave-ho

NBA gives Donald Sterling the heave-ho

NBA commish bans LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling for LIFE over the the rhubarb he caused by his comments

Summary of sanctions:

Banned for remainder of natural life from any NBA game or activity.
    Banned for remainder of natural life from attending any NBA game.
    Banned for remainder of natural life from tending to day-to-day operations of ANY NBA franchise.
    $2,500,000 fine, which will be donated by the NBA to anti-racism causes.
    NBA Board of Governors will be strongly advised to force Sterling to sell the Clippers ASAP.

No word if Sterling is going to/is able to appeal.

Linky to full story (take note:MANY forced ads)
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

As always, free speech has consequences. 1A protects you from the government but not private entities. His penis however, didn't seem to suffer from racism. Guess it's still a tradition to mount your slaves in America.

BTW....same subject thread over yonder already got the lock!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    BTW....same subject thread over yonder already got the lock!
    And for good reason.

https://forums.hamisland.net/showthr...l=1#post588153
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Funny coincidence that the NBA commissioner who announced Donald Sterling's boot was named Adam Silver.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'm all over here like, I like ice cream!

Donald Sterling Apologizes

LOS ANGELES (The Borowitz Report)—The Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling offered a “total and remorseful” apology for his racist comments today, telling reporters, “Once I saw that Donald Trump was defending me, I knew I had done something horribly wrong.”

Sterling acknowledged that he had turned a blind eye to a mountain of criticism from basketball luminaries and national leaders, but said that seeing Trump defend him on Fox News on Monday had left him “shaken.”

“Look, I know I’m not perfect,” he said. “But when Donald Trump takes your side, you have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself, ‘Have I become some kind of monster?’”
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

If only. At his age, he's been getting away with every kind of shit for so long, he's come to believe he is entitled and can do no wrong.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Conch Master
    He's over 80 and banned from the NBA for life! So what's that? Like a 5 year sentence?
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Well I'm glad the NBA did something right...
    hey im back for now