Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Wanna Marry Harry - New Fox Low.

Master Navigator
    How many more cities can host a fake reality show about people competing for storage lockers full of crap?

Reality TV sucks. Complete driven and complete UN-reality. As a general rule I don't watch any TV. In fact I don't even own a TV and have no plans to either get a TV or subscribe the a TV service. Just about any entertainment I want I can find via Internet streams. And most of my TV viewing is olde shows and movies mostly in Black & While and created anywhere from the 1950's to the early 70's. With regards to movies I often go back even further on the timeline.

With regards to more modern stuff there are some good modern theatre and independent films that I watch and some are quite good. Better than most of the junk on TV and in movies these days.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    All those women will be in tears when Princess Harry shows off his hubby!!
    he did suggest that he'd try that next ...

(technically, that would be the name and style of his wife, whoever they may be ... )
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    SNL is good, Big Bang is good, Sleepy Hollow is surprisingly good and Elementary (Jude Law and Lucy Liu make it work).

Hon. Mention: NCIS
    i don't know sleepy hollow--will have to check that out. i used to like the mentalist but this season they've kinda gone off the rails. NCIS is good; i watch NCIS: LA just to watch Chris O'Donnell. There's a new NCIS: New Orleans in the fall that I probably will pass on.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Master Navigator
    The reality show that is somewhat painful for me to watch is "American Pickers", on the History Channel. Here, it is dubbed in Spanish and called "Cazadores de Tesoros" (Treasure Hunters).

I have only seen a few bits and pieces of the shows, and maybe I'm missing the point. But, it appears to feature two guys traveling about in a profit-driven quest to buy antique stuff, on the cheap, from unsuspecting owners. The two guys spot their "treasures" while driving down back roads, and then make cold calls at the doorstep of the property owner. Through skilled negotiations and annoying persistence, they try not to leave empty-handed.

Sometimes, they come up against a hoarder, who doesn't want to part with a single piece of his rusting junk. The two guys try as hard as they can to chisel the items from the hoarder's clenched fingers, using words and hard cash as their tools.
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 06-20-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    i don't know sleepy hollow--will have to check that out. i used to like the mentalist but this season they've kinda gone off the rails. NCIS is good; i watch NCIS: LA just to watch Chris O'Donnell. There's a new NCIS: New Orleans in the fall that I probably will pass on.
    Sleepy Hollow takes place in this part of the country. Ichabod Crane is an ex-soldier for the English in the Revolutionary War. He switches sides and uses his knowledge to help the fledgling American army. In a pivotal battle, he ends up killing a Hessian who has crossed the boundary and become a demon. He beheads him but ends up dying. His wife Katrina keeps him from dying (with a spell) and when Headless Horseman starts looking for his head again, Ichabod also comes back to stop him. The cliffhanger at the end of last season was pretty impressive, best I've ever seen and we're waiting for the 2nd season to begin...

Full episodes are available free online here.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    That sums it up.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.