Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Ways Your Smartphone Is Hurting Your Health

4 Ways Your Smartphone Is Hurting Your Health

I have a dumb-assed old cellphone. The smartphone was too smart for me...

Your Cellphone Is ... Destroying Your Ability to Focus

You don’t own your phone—it owns you. Researchers in Finland found that most people obsessively check their menu screen, news, e-mail, and apps, even though the likelihood of seeing new and interesting information keeps decreasing. “The more you do it, the less you gain,” says study author Antti Oulasvirta, Ph.D.

Your move: Oulasvirta recommends setting specific times to touch base with your touchscreen, such as on the hour—or half hour if the withdrawal is too much.
    There's more at the link for the Smartphone user...

4 Ways Your Smartphone Is Hurting Your Health
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

im surprised people actully still use yahoo... but its just some poor bozo trying to make a name for himself by trying to tell us crap that any reasonable person knows is completly false. that radation he speaks of is called a notification...when your phone recives data and it makes a sound or vibrates and oh my gosh you notice it and it wakes you up because you weren't smart enough to turn it off or silent. The only legitamate thing he has going on is germs on the screen but reality is i strongly doubt any person getting seriously ill has been linked to cellphone use. I use a smart phone and im on it less then probably a combined hour at most a day...

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Before cellphones it was walkmans, and before that it was radios and newspapers...this proves nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PBE View Post
    Before cellphones it was walkmans, and before that it was radios and newspapers...this proves nothing lol
    In the 50s, it was chewing gum. Not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by WA7PBE View Post
    im surprised people actully still use yahoo... but its just some poor bozo trying to make a name for himself by trying to tell us crap that any reasonable person knows is completly false. that radation he speaks of is called a notification...when your phone recives data and it makes a sound or vibrates and oh my gosh you notice it and it wakes you up because you weren't smart enough to turn it off or silent. The only legitamate thing he has going on is germs on the screen but reality is i strongly doubt any person getting seriously ill has been linked to cellphone use. I use a smart phone and im on it less then probably a combined hour at most a day...
    I don't buy it either. While I do find it strange when i see people walking around talking to an invisible person, or everyone on the train except me has their eyes affixed to a screen I still think most of the claims in the article are dubious at best. In any event I kind of like it, the more they are affixed to an electronic device the less they notice me. As for me I am the weird one out. I still carry a pocket watch that has to be wound and actually ticks. I guess they would say I'm eccentric or extremely retrograde.
    Last edited by n2ize; 04-17-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Old School

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

The XYL and I prefer dining with wifi.

I prefer to dine sequestered in darkness, surrounded by silence. Alas, my wife doesn't agree.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Old School

That's me... Old School all the way !!
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.