Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Are we better off without CB? We have FRS....

It's also possible he drives for one of the many companies that got tired of being held responsible for their drivers having illegal equipment in the cab and they banned all radios in their vehicles. Responsible ham drivers didn't like it much but obey company rules or you're out on your butt. Drivers for companies that banned all connections to the electrical system liked losing their refrigerators and like equipment even less but that's the way it goes. I'm pretty sure you've heard it called Children's Band, unfortunately they all got spanked because of a few brats that wouldn't behave themselves. (:-<)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I've been around awhile, and I the only thing of importance that I have learned so far, is about bushtits.
    And itchy nuts are a common thing.
    I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    It's also possible he drives for one of the many companies that got tired of being held responsible for their drivers having illegal equipment in the cab and they banned all radios in their vehicles. Responsible ham drivers didn't like it much but obey company rules or you're out on your butt. Drivers for companies that banned all connections to the electrical system liked losing their refrigerators and like equipment even less but that's the way it goes. I'm pretty sure you've heard it called Children's Band, unfortunately they all got spanked because of a few brats that wouldn't behave themselves. (:-<)
    that is why if you are a driver and a company does that... go right over to another company.. when company A loses a shit load of drivers all of a sudden they will change the rules.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

CB is probably a good thing. It's kind of like a chroot jail for some of the crazies on the air. Unfortunately amateur radio has it's own set of crazies as well. So maybe amateur radio is a better organized chroot jail.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Being unfamiliar with Unix I had to look that one up only to find your use of the term redundant. (;->) Unfortunately Children's Band isn't a chroot for crazies who had their PLL chips tinkered with and complain about the beepers at the bottom of ten meters, and paradoxically have roger beepers and more than 1500W. CB USED to be a good thing when I was licensed in 1965, there were few who operated more or less legally, plenty of clear channels to spread out into. You know what happened next that caused me to pack it in, now it's back as it was more or less (less being a few more crazies) but my loss of interest is permanent. It does make a good beacon band for 10M though, often the lights are on but nobody home, but they're always home "downstairs".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.