Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dutch reveal glow in the dark road.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    We need to ramp up tritium production. Visibility - it's for the three-eyed children.
    Fixed that for you.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I was wondering how many glow-worms it took to illuminate all these road markings.

Then there's these, the standard British "cats eye" invented decades ago and quite adept at unseating cyclists never mind the poor cat involved:

cat eye.jpg

Dutch reveal glow in the dark road
    Well, if it glows in the dark, would it not be revealing itself? :p
    I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    I was wondering how many glow-worms it took to illuminate all these road markings.

Then there's these, the standard British "cats eye" invented decades ago and quite adept at unseating cyclists never mind the poor cat involved:

cat eye.jpg
    I knew that looked familiar. They used to have those embedded in the roadway of the Macombs Dam Bridge that I used to bike on the way to college. I did my best to stay away from them.

:shock:
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    They did the same here, and yes, they went invisible in the rain. Also, in the city (NYC) they had reflectors embedded in the double yellow line and lane markers. But they were only visible if you used your low-beams and the rednecks here have no idea what low-beams are.

I like the idea of photo-luminescent paint on roads. Beats what's there now. Now, will it work after a cloudy day?
    Yeah, if they use radium. Or maybe tritium.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.