Thread: Steam powered box factory

Steam powered box factory

Fly ball governors. What self-respecting machinery geek doesn't love a fly ball governor?

Funny thing, though—other than the power source, the rest of the place was pretty much identical to a small mill I worked in briefly about twenty-five years ago.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    That was really cool! Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit and a case of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Great find George. Now THAT is what you call real "Steampunk"... There are not many mills like that left in this country. That's a real piece of history and still running. The gear train in that engine reminds me of the gear train inside an old mechanical pocket watch but on a huge scale. I am sure I have products in the house made by them. I wonder if they made the crate that my Thordarson Modulation Transformer was packed in. :)
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Great find George. Now THAT is what you call real "Steampunk"... There are not many mills like that left in this country. That's a real piece of history and still running. The gear train in that engine reminds me of the gear train inside an old mechanical pocket watch but on a huge scale. I am sure I have products in the house made by them. I wonder if they made the crate that my Thordarson Modulation Transformer was packed in. :)
    I don't think it's a very safe place to work. Did anyone notice the dog with half a tail?

I don't think it's a very safe place to work. Did anyone notice the dog with half a tail?
    I didn't notice the half-tail but I did wince when I saw the guy getting all wound up in the sheaves he was oiling and when the woman put her arm through the spokes of that big flywheel. I commented to the XYL "they better hope no OSHA inspector watches this video."
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Heh, I did see that and thought the same thing. There was another dog that appeared first, who had his whole tail as well.