Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell Confirms Laptop Stinks

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by wa6mhz View Post
    We dont have a dinner table. I eat dinner in the Radio shack or in bed. SHe had coffee table in front of th couch. That is where she wants to put the laptop, for the grand baby to pound on.
    Why am I not shocked.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Why am I not shocked.
    Dell isn't fooling anybody. We all know Dell probably laced the computer with some sort of toxin or mind control chemical. Check with Alex Jones for details.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Master Navigator
    I've noticed that a lot of Chinese-sourced goods have a very pungent odor, and I think it's arsenic. Particularly anything with chromed parts - I think arsenic is used in the process, and I suspect they are cutting corners by not cleaning the parts thoroughly before they ship. I really became aware of this when I bought a new shower head recently, and every time I turned on the water, there was this almost burnt tomcat pee smell. Then, I noticed when I went to Costco and walked down the aisles of new goods still on their shipping palettes that the same smell was pretty overwhelming. After several months, the showerhead no longer smells, and there are no ants in my bathroom, so I guess the arsenic actually provided a service. Children and small animals might have a different reaction, though.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of Chinese-sourced goods have a very pungent odor, and I think it's arsenic. Particularly anything with chromed parts - I think arsenic is used in the process, and I suspect they are cutting corners by not cleaning the parts thoroughly before they ship. I really became aware of this when I bought a new shower head recently, and every time I turned on the water, there was this almost burnt tomcat pee smell. Then, I noticed when I went to Costco and walked down the aisles of new goods still on their shipping palettes that the same smell was pretty overwhelming. After several months, the showerhead no longer smells, and there are no ants in my bathroom, so I guess the arsenic actually provided a service. Children and small animals might have a different reaction, though.
    A couple of items I ordered from eBay didn't smell like pee, but rather like burnt bacon... Weird.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Arsenic is used in chrome plating so I tend to agree with your suspicions. Why COST Co sells stinky bad for business merchandise is beyond me, I sure as hell wouldn't buy it.

Burnt bacon isn't weird, BLAME CANADA!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Well, we don't manufacture much in this country anymore so I guess china it is.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.