Thread: "Curtains" for Little Miss Field Day

"Curtains" for Little Miss Field Day

Jessie's High School Musical production of "Curtains" started last night. (It's why you won't see much of me during the CQ WPX this year, as the boss "volunteered" me to co-chair & run the Concession stand)

If you're not familiar with the musical, it's a play-within-a-play. A murder mystery; the (bad!!) lead actress for a (bad!!) play is murdered on Opening Night, and the cast & police have to solve the murder, while fixing the play.

Jessie's roll? She plays the bad actress who's the murder victim.
    IMG_5139.jpg
    Now, I have to admit, I really enjoyed the performance. I just have one gripe:

I knew she'd get killed off in the first act (otherwise, there is no play). I just didn't expect it to happen in the second scene! (She's still in the rest of the show, sans wig, just as one of the ensemble.) The drama teacher told me that Jessie was the only kid who could pull off playing a "bad" actress, well, which is why she got the roll... which is a shame, because she could have done any of the actress rolls as well or better than the other kids who were cast. (I don't ENTIRELY believe that, when I'm being objective & not a parent, but hey! at least she got something)

Now, if anyone is in the area over the weekend, performances tonight & tomorrow night (3/28 & 3/29)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Bit too far to drive and swim for me....
    Glad to see you as happy parent and so "objective"
    Looks good though, have fun all of you there and "hals und beinbruch" for little Miss fieldday ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Banned
    Northwest Arkansas (Ozark-St.Francis National Forest)

Did you tell her "Break a leg!" (figuratively)? ;)

I had the boss volunteer me for a gig. She didn't even realize she did it. She didn't even realize she never mentioned anything to me.
    Told her she was batshit.

And that's how I got my own room.

Quote Originally Posted by W9JEF View Post

Did you tell her "Break a leg!" (figuratively)? ;)
    Don't be silly.

Actually, I couldn't resist, this morning.

LMFD gets up at 6:15 for school (bus picks her up at 7:10, so she has to be out the door by 7). But she was up late, as they had a cast party at a Denny's (I know, but not my choice), and she didn't get home until after midnight.

"Are you awake?"
    "Dad... (she groans)... I'm tired!"

5 minutes later...
    "You awake in there?"
    Another groan.

And then I said... "Hey! Jessica Crenshaw!" (character's name) "Time to rise from the dead!"

I got a pillow chucked at me. But she was smiling when she got up.
    Last edited by W3WN; 03-28-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I have to say that I am impressed with the costumes and the lighting. If the rest of the play is up to those standards that would be even more impressive. The XYL did drama in college and she is impressed too. "I love the set." sez NHE.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I had the boss volunteer me for a gig. She didn't even realize she did it. She didn't even realize she never mentioned anything to me.
    Told her she was batshit.

And that's how I got my own room.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Yep! My room, my bed, my computer, my radios, my TV programs (she watches various fashion and make over shows and their reruns) my noise, my hours.
    Why is it, that I can eat crackers in bed and nary a crumb falls? But when she eats in bed ...