Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pic Programming ? Upgrade old radios?

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    <snip>I have a 1011D that needs to be worked on, alignment-wise...<snip>
    Aligning that boatanchor can probably be accomplished at your neighbourhood Pep Boys. :rofl:
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

N4YG offers a neat replacement DDS VFO for the Drake 4 and 7 line radios. I'll post details of what I'm up to with that stuff a bit later.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I built this DDS-VFO and it's rock solid. I used it to keep a TS-830S (was my main rig) in check for a couple of years.

http://www.wa1ffl.com/
    أبدا ستعمل تعطيك ما يصل

Appreciate every ones input on this.
    Been very busy here over the last couple of weeks. Then another project came along that I am working on.
    many years ago an older friend of mine (K4SKI) sold his old radios and decided to back out of the hobby for a bit. He really hated that he had done that. Took me a few years to find his radios but when I did I purchased them. Called him up and said please come down to the shop, got something for you to see. When he arrived I showed him the radios. A Swan 500 and 500CX.

He looked and said those look like the ones I had. I said they are now open your trunk and take them home. He was quite delighted. That was 25 years ago, give or take.

Mr. Wells was quite a guy and loved radio. Later he fell ill and could not work on them anymore. He had a problem with the course load on the CX and had his grandson which is a ham to look at it. Doing this time Charlie’s condition got worse. He ended up in a nursing home and the family sold off all his belongings.

The grandson called me and wanted me to come over and look at some stuff. Sure enough there were the 2 Swan radios. Told me he wanted me to have these radios. Since his grandfather told him the story many years ago how he was reunited with them.
    I am in the process of fully restoring them.
    Attached Images Attached Images