Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROBLEM WITH CALLS-SIGN LOOKUP ON FLDIGI

PROBLEM WITH CALLS-SIGN LOOKUP ON FLDIGI

I have encountered a problem with FLDIGI after running it for nearly 2 years. It is running on a iMac Computer and has performed flawlessly up to two days ago. I noticed that when I put the cursor over a call-sign and right click to do a call lookup... I no longer get the prompt that asks for a call-sign lookup. If I select the call-sign and insert it into the Call-sign cell then use the Globe lookup it works fine. I looked over all the setup to ensure that nothing was changed that might cause this problem but, everything looked fine. We have gone over the manual, posted at another site but have not found the answer to this problem. I am hoping that someone else has encountered this same problem and can provide me with some tips or a solution.

73's Don

W6PJJ

what version do you have. I got 3.21.74 Linux and my call lookup works fine (using HamQTH)
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Witch Doctor
    Did you check out all the suggestions made at the other site?

In particular, is the Callsign DB tab in the configuration menu set up correctly for QRZ lookups?

If you're relying on QRZ lookup via internet (i.e. without a subscription) you should have the box checked that says "QRZ online via default internet browser". If you're using HamCall or Callbook, check the appropriate box. If you have a paid subscription to the database enter your user/password information.

Remember to Save the changes before closing the configuration popup.
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 03-04-2014 at 07:04 AM.

On Mac OS X, Fldigi puts an invisible directory (folder) labeled .fldigi at the root level of your home directory. You can force the Finder to show it by using the Show Config item from the File menu. Try moving the fldigi.prefs file out of the folder and then restarting Fldigi. That might take care of the problem.

ON EDIT: You will have to re-enter all your personal data—call sign, location etc. after you do this.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 03-04-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Gents:

Thanks for the responses. We have tried every suggestion in the book. What is very interesting here... is the fact that I have not made any changes to the configuration of FLDIGI on this Computer, this anomaly showed up out of the Blue. We will resolve this in time.

Tnx Agn.

73's Don W6PJJ

Have you tried repairing permissions using Disk Utility?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

You might want to try astronomy.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

What language is FLDIGI written in? Does it use any form of Java?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    You might want to try astronomy.
    Sir:

Do you believe that your comment is constructive... and relative to the topic?

Don W6PJJ

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by W6PJJ View Post
    Sir:

Do you believe that your comment is constructive... and relative to the topic?

Don W6PJJ
    That's just Eddie. He's not a bad guy. He's like the funny uncle in the corner or Hugo in the attic waiting for his fish heads!
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg