Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: So, how (well) do you like your coffee?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Well, the only alternative to the safety razor is the straight edge razor, but it must be cared for, kept very sharp and will still cut you. I use a 1950's style brass safety razor. A pack of Wilkinson double edge blades cost me $1.99 and each blade gives me at least a dozen clean shaves. And no cuts or blood.
    One of these days I'm going to go full hipster and go for a straight razor/leather strop setup. I'll just have to time it when I don't have any presentations to give, lest anyone think I walked into the wrong bar.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Last edited by N2NH; 09-29-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    One of these days I'm going to go full hipster and go for a straight razor/leather strop setup. I'll just have to time it when I don't have any presentations to give, lest anyone think I walked into the wrong bar.
    Is that the latest trend on the hipster scene ? To go retro with respect to shaving ? Several years ago I went back to the old 1950's double edged safety razors with the heavy brass metal handle. My main reason was not to be trendy but to be old fashioned and most important,the plain ol double edge blades are cheaper. A 5 pack of Wilkinson regular double edge blades costs me $1.99 instead of $20.00 for expensive "Fusion" blades and they do just as good a job and last just about as long. I have thought about going to a straight razor and a strop but for now the regular double edge safety razor does the job just fine. And saves me a lot of money in blades.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Is that the latest trend on the hipster scene ? To go retro with respect to shaving ?
    More or less.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

So, someone here, not me, has a HUGE coffee machine. Makes a full pot in 2 minutes too.

I wonder if anyone in Colorado or Washington has brewed up pot, no pun intended, of JavaJane.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I drink almost exclusively 7-11 Coffee, early in the morning when I am driving to a Swapmeet or such. Then I switch over to BIG GULPS for Coolant.

I don't mess with none o' that fancy equipment. I just buy a fifty pound sack of beans and munch 'em like candy.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    More or less.
    With respect to everything.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I don't mess with none o' that fancy equipment. I just buy a fifty pound sack of beans and munch 'em like candy.
    That explains a lot. However, without any equipment, I guess they are no perks, eh?
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 10-01-2014 at 07:06 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL