Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: So, how (well) do you like your coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by kd6nig View Post
    I know that my Mom asked me if I was going to upgrade from the current Keurig I have to the 2.0 version. I told her no, it was fine for our purposes. She won't be getting one either-the carafe only makes 4 cups.

My Dad's idea of a cup of coffee starts around the insulated mug that is 40 ounces and goes up from there. She'd have to make a new carafe every time he got "another cup."
    My travel mug is a 40 oz.... Will be filling it shortly for the trip to work...

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

And here I thought NHE and I were bad with my Stewart's shops 20 oz mugs. We're pikers compared to that.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Don't let out the secret Charles......
    OK so I got tired of burning out the 12 cup drip coffee makers.
    I went to a Bunn 12 cup Pourover......
    2 1/2 pot reservoir Makes sure a hot pot is just slightly over 2 minutes away.
    Fully commercial unit with every part available for repair.

Ask the other former Fast-Food Manager, the holding time on fresh brewed coffee is 15 minutes, after that, you dump it and make a fresh pot.

Oh, BTW: Keurig Recalling Nearly 7 Million Coffee Makers

newUnit20141222.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...makers-n273641

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Peet's coffee.

Only way to go...
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    we just spent *a month* agonizing over a replacement coffee machine. thankfully, no keurig. more grind-on-demand espresso.
    Great decision, I don't know if you heard the news but, the "New" Keurig 2.0 will only work with proprietary DRM Keurig pods, you cannot get it to work without using their coffee pods because they have a chip in the container that the machine reads.

Hopefully, the coffee drinking world will revolt and reject the Keurig 2.0 "Brewing System".

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Great decision, I don't know if you heard the news but, the "New" Keurig 2.0 will only work with proprietary DRM Keurig pods, you cannot get it to work without using their coffee pods because they have a chip in the container that the machine reads.

Hopefully, the coffee drinking world will revolt and reject the Keurig 2.0 "Brewing System".

Cut the top off of a legit Keurig 2.0 usable coffee pod, then put it on the non-kosher pod with double-faced tape. Works like a charm in a 2.0!

Also works on the reusable pod !
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Cut the top off of a legit Keurig 2.0 usable coffee pod, then put it on the non-kosher pod with double-faced tape. Works like a charm in a 2.0!

Also works on the reusable pod !
    but *who* *wants* to do that? we just wanted *coffee* ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Ask the other former Fast-Food Manager, the holding time on fresh brewed coffee is 15 minutes, after that, you dump it and make a fresh pot.

Oh, BTW: Keurig Recalling Nearly 7 Million Coffee Makers

newUnit20141222.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/cons...makers-n273641

I used to consider myself to be a serious coffee drinker. I am out classed. I am not worthy to clean out the dirty filters. at your house..

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I used to consider myself to be a serious coffee drinker. I am out classed. I am not worthy to clean out the dirty filters. at your house..
    I had to smile at that, I don't know if it's a good thing to be a "Connoisseur" Caffeine junkie; my children enable me by giving me exotic whole bean coffees on holidays.

I'm using the basket filters purchased for my 12 cup drip coffee makers along with Windex to clean Computer monitor and TV screens, they work good and are lint free; they are also good for draining the grease off of my Bacon....mmmmmmm-Bacon

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman