Uniden made some great CB rigs back in the day, now they make some great scanners. It all started as Electra corp. Bearcat scanners, my BC-101 has the hottest single conversion receiver I've ever had, 0.1uV/20dB VHF and 0.25uV/20dB (full) quieting measured on a Cushman Station Monitor borrowed from a New Jersey Turnpike shop.

I remember one of their CBs, don't remember the model number that was dual use, 5W 23ch CB and 30W 4 ch 11M BRS with a resistor jumpered. It had a sweet sounding audio processor when that function was switched on, none of that cheese grater modulation and splatter over half the band after a truck stop "tech's" golden screwdriver got through with it and a "power mic" cranked up to 11. I've done those mods along with a few tweaks and peaks, but I knew where to keep the alignment tools out of. NEVER mess with a crystal synthesizer unless you want transmit AND receive spurs all over the band and out of band! Be sure to thoroughly check out the T&Ps before putting the rigs on the air so you don't end up as the neighbor from Hell, just sayin'.

I've mentioned my AM Gangsta daze starting on CB, not legally of course with boat anchor ham transmitters that I modified the speech amps in. That took a 180 when the band went to hell between overcrowding and all day "skip shooting". That's when a Heathkit Apache went on the warpath with audio that cut through the "Hash, mash, and trash" like a hot knife through butter. I did most of my operating late in the evening when things quieted down and my friends came on. Finally the last straw broke the camel's back and I sold out to a friend 90 air miles to the south who was chomping at the bit to have "the best sounding signal on the band" in his words. Here is my last CB station, everything interconnected by selector switches on the basement wall, one seen in the picture. Then there was my Altec AM Gangsta mic, you can't transmit Angel Music unless you have where it all begins, with the mic.

Stereo CB shack.jpg Altec mic.jpg