Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARRL DX

ARRL DX

Place your bets, place your bets!

When will the whining about ARRL DX CW (this weekend) start... on other forums

When will the whining about ARRL DX SSB (2 weekends later) start... on other forums

You need to pick the date, time (within an hour, UTC clock of course); the forum chosen for whining (moves by mods not withstanding); and the over/under on post count. Oh, and as a bonus, when does the Frozen One and/or the Chosen One chime in? To say nothing of He Who Makes Silly Videos, our favorite maritime reptile, and the rest of the usual suspects?

Place your bets, place your bets!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

There will be no whining over the CW contest. Only SSB contests cause Butt Hurt.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    There will be no whining over the CW contest. Only SSB contests cause Butt Hurt.
    RTTY contests seem to hold power over many as well... ;)
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    RTTY contests seem to hold power over many as well... ;)
    Having played in the RTTY last weekend, I find it hard to believe a good bit of that whining. :roll:

On 10, 15, and 20 I heard no RTTY signals below .079. If I were to guess, it might have been 40m (there's a surprise... NOT) and 80m that probably got someone all cry-baby. Still, I heard no RTTY below 7.035 and 3.550. I'd guess the QRP and PSK people on those 2 bands were pretty Butt Hurt.

".... you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself."
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Witch Doctor
    That is just so insensitive to all those hams out there who can't do WARC bands and their VFOs are rusted in place and have such incredibly busy lives that next weekend was the ONLY weekend all year that they had time to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Au contraire.

There WILL be whining.

There SHOULDN'T be. But there WILL be.

Let's see..

I predict there will be at least 3 threads about digital signals being over run by CW, how dare those inconsiderate CW contesters operate in the exclusive digital bands which are theirs by divine right, or something.

There will be at least 2 threads complaining about those inconsiderate CW contesters who are wiping out the W1AW/6 and W1AW/9 stations, never mind that those ops may themselves be making a few Q's.

There will be at least 1 thread insisting that there are CW contesters on at least one of the WARC bands. Because why else would you hear a lot of CW on those bands, right?

50/50 that there will be at least 1 thread complaining about W1AW bulletins & code practice either being wiped out, or not being present at all.

Have I missed anything? (I'm sure I have)

Now, come the phone weekend, in 2 weeks, we'll read all those, and more, about how the Gout, Hemorrhoid & Lumbago Net was wiped out by the inconsiderate... and so forth, but those whines are usually (but not always) limited to the Phone weekends only.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I predict there will be at least 3 threads about digital signals being over run by CW, how dare those inconsiderate CW contesters operate in the exclusive digital bands which are theirs by divine right, or something.
    I predict that these 3 threads will be from JT65 users.
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Quote Originally Posted by n0iu View Post
    I predict that these 3 threads will be from JT65 users.
    And it will take them a couple of hours to post them.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Here, I fixed it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    And it will ONLY take them a couple of hours to post them.
    And heaven forbid, do NOT tell a JT65'er to check the contest schedule or this is the response you will get:

As such, yes I should be able to operate when *I* want to, not at the whim of a contest schedule. What if the only time I have to operate happens to be on that day/weekend?

We want to operate when we want to operate, you cannot tell someone when and when they cannot operate or call them "greedy" in all fairness and expect someone to pre-check for any sort of band activity be it contests, nets etc.
    (Callsign removed to protect the stupid!)
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Quote Originally Posted by n0iu View Post
    (Callsign removed to protect the stupid!)
    I'm always in favor of exposing Teh Stoopid whenever possible.

Latest ClubLog entries.