Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DE QP starts tomorrow @ 1700z

DE QP starts tomorrow @ 1700z

http://www.fsarc.org/qsoparty/qsohome.htm

The plan is to actually put in some effort this year. The last few years I've been slacking off.

Maybe I'll run into one or two of you.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Holy shit. Not another contest. They just finished one. Those guys in Delaware are so unscrupulous, that they use the WARC bands, and run 15 KW...... from their Chevy Suburbans, no less. I wasn't probably going to get on the air this weekend anyway, but it's the whole contest idea of it. And, I'm sure someone will be using MY frequency. And those poor guys on the MMN will probably have to deal with contester interference. And what about the ham Information Frequency of .313? Oh the humanity. I just knew that instead of amateur radio, I should have taken up amateur gynecology.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Oh the humanity.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Another DEQP shaping up to be disappointment. Either I'm picking bad spots on the bands, or everyone is out doing whatever it is they do to prepare for tomorrow.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Another DEQP shaping up to be disappointment. Either I'm picking bad spots on the bands, or everyone is out doing whatever it is they do to prepare for tomorrow.
    The fact that most Americans west of the Susquehanna don't even know that Delaware is a state might have something to do with it as well:

"Delaware? Isn't that one of those tiny little islands off the coast of Iowa or something?"
    Last edited by NQ6U; 02-01-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    The fact that most Americans west of the Susquehanna don't even know that Delaware is a state might have something to do with it as well:

"Delaware? Isn't that one of those tiny little islands off the coast of Iowa or something?"
    Dela...... Where?

Latest ClubLog entries.

Banned
    Effin' contesters. Get off my lawn. And my frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    Effin' contesters. Get off my lawn. And my frequency.
    You're a bit young for GTFOML.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    You're a bit young for GTFOML.
    Getting practice in so when I'm as old as you, I'm as good as you.

Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    Getting practice in so when I'm as old as you, I'm as good as you.
    :rofl:

Latest ClubLog entries.