Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Bowl Blackout in NY/NJ???

Stupid Bowl Blackout in NY/NJ???

As of midnight EST Tuesday, the Super Bowl is NOT a sell-out to the tune of 16K + unsold seats.
    And hotels are slashing room rates and removing minimum stay clauses, since they're stll BELOW 50% booked for the weekend.

I'm wondering if someone or corporates will buy up the remaining tickets before 1800 Thursday (72 hrs before kickoff) to avoid blackout in one of the world's largest television markets????
    Last edited by W7XF; 01-29-2014 at 04:23 AM.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    As of midnight EST Tuesday, the Super Bowl is NOT a sell-out to the tune of 16K + unsold seats.
    And hotels are slashing room rates and removing minimum stay clauses, since they're stll BELOW 50% booked for the weekend.

I'm wondering if someone or corporates will buy up the remaining tickets before 1800 Thursday (72 hrs before kickoff) to avoid blackout in one of the world's largest television markets????
    If that happened, it would be a fiasco. Nothing like a plan and this plan seems to be worth nothing.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Orca Whisperer
    I thought the black out rule only applied to normal games, and not playoffs/super bowl?
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

If it's blacked out I'll have to temporarily seal the mouth of my bear cave in order to survive the blast when NY and NJ explode, then switch on the pumps to save myself from drowning in the tsunami created by the seismic shock.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Oh,the Superbowl....... it's that American football thing that everyone goes Ga-ga over once a year I take it...... it's something important .....right?

:rofl:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Oh,the Superbowl....... it's that American football thing that everyone goes Ga-ga over once a year I take it...... it's something important .....right?

:rofl:
    Yeah, it's sort of like the Stanley Cup or the Curling World Championships, only with more people watching.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Well, that's OK 'cause I have cable in my cave so I'll have on Animal Planet watching the Puppy Bowl. Better than the Dallas Cowboys, they have some really cute kitten cheerleaders at half time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 01-29-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added photo
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Witch Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Well, that's OK 'cause I have cable in my cave so I'll have on Animal Planet watching the Puppy Bowl. Better than the Dallas Cowboys, they have some really cute kitten cheerleaders at half time.
    Same here. Puppy bowl.

Puppy Bowl. Kitty Bowl. Fish Bowl.

I'm beginning to miss the Lingerie Bowl.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

It's sold out now. Someone was watching ABC news last night and bought them all.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.