Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Day of the Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only DW geek around here.
    You've got plenty of company. Would you like a Jelly Baby?

"People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Nice to see I'm not the only DW geek around here.
    Heck no! Been watching on and off (depending on reception and cable availability) since 1965. ;)
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Oh, no. John Hurt wasn't Doctor #1. They're calling him the "War Doctor", a previously unrevealed Doctor... I think the retcon is that he regenerated into the War Doctor to fight in the Time War, and when he'd completed his task (originally thought to be the destruction of Gallifrey), regenerated into (or back into) a previously known Doctor.

Yeah, it doesn't really make a lot of logical sense, but just roll with it.
    I think you'll find that the War Doctor regenerated into the 9th Doctor. When the show came back in 2005, Christopher Eccleston's Doctor mentioned that he was the last of the Time Lords.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Oh, no. John Hurt wasn't Doctor #1. They're calling him the "War Doctor", a previously unrevealed Doctor...
    Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I haven't been able to keep up for about 4-5 years. It was a real treat to see it last night.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    You've got plenty of company. Would you like a Jelly Baby?

Yes please. Jammie Dodgers as well if you have any.

My daughter asked to go to Chicago TARDIS for her birthday, so that's where we went. I think I've got the privacy permissions set right so everyone can see the pics at this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9b3c202f10
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Great pix, I'll bet she had a BLAST! One thing I don't recognize, that odd looking robot. hat's an odd looking Tom Baker regeneration, he put on weight and lost his overcoat stuffed with lint covered jelly babies. Then there's K-9, I nearly fell out of my chair when in one episode a Dalek said "Ignore that little shooty thing." There's a what has undoubtedly become cult classic song floating around out there someplace; I Want A Dalek For Christmas or something like that. Try as I may I can never find it, all I come up with is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuBJ5H9m3Sc and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M_2klyOw2Q
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

deleted dupe
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

The odd robot is a DRD. A Diagnostic Repair Drone from Farscape. Not DW related, but someone had one there and it was cool to see. The guy operating the K-9 robot had it wired for sound and was using a boom mike to interact with the crowd. He was doing a really good job with it. My daughter informed us before we even left that 'next year we are coming back with all access' tickets. I told her she'd better get a job.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Oh no wonder, I didn't follow Farscape as closely as the Doctor. Using a boom mic he didn't do as complete a job with the robot as a member of OBARC did with the home brew little monster he brought to a meeting that I mentioned before. A short recap: he used 6M for control, 70cM ATV for audio/video receive and 2M FM for talk-back. After the meeting in the Elks meeting room he sent it into the adjacent bar to have fun with the bar flies. Still the little shooty thing was fun for all even if the boom mic got in the frame as they sometimes do.

BTW, Claudia Black had a far more interesting role in Stargate SG-1 than she did in Farscape. For those who saw it, you know just what I mean.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 01-03-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

I never got in to Stargate. I enjoyed the movie, just not the series. Someday perhaps I'll watch it. I enjoyed Claudia enough in Farscape, but much preferred Gigi Edgley.