Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: W3VEX Fired

W3VEX Fired

Syndicated conservative talk-show hosts Jim Quinn & Rose Tennent are off the air. News reports indicate that their contracts were not renewed (either they could not agree to terms with Clear Channel, or they were fired)

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-ra...s/201311180151

Quinn is W3VEX. AE7Q shows his previous call was WA2VEX, although I thought the louse had a 3rd district 2x3 at one point.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Syndicated conservative talk-show hosts Jim Quinn & Rose Tennent are off the air. News reports indicate that their contracts were not renewed (either they could not agree to terms with Clear Channel, or they were fired)

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-ra...s/201311180151

Quinn is W3VEX. AE7Q shows his previous call was WA2VEX, although I thought the louse had a 3rd district 2x3 at one point.
    No loss. Just another for-profit right wing C-lister out on his ass.

Unfortunately, they'll probably replace him with someone worse.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    No loss. Just another for-profit right wing C-lister out on his ass.

Unfortunately, they'll probably replace him with someone worse.
    Yep. About a year ago the BJU radio station was bought out or partnered with and now it's a powerhouse GOP Conservative Talk station on the lower part of the FMBCB right beside all the weaker PBS stations.
    They carry all the Fire and Brimstone nutballs of the GOP's Fire Brand.

It may be purely a coincidence, but Quinn was working as a radio DJ at KQV AM about the same time as another radio schmuck, going by the name at the time of Jeff Christie.

20 years ago, he was teamed with another character as the "Quinn & Bannana Show" on B-94FM (now KDKA FM), which for over a decade was the top FM morning show in Pittsburgh. They got involved in a lawsuit for sexual harrassment with the news reader (they lost, which cost them quite a few shekels). At one point, they entered and exited the station under covers in the back of a pickup-truck driven by the assistant Chief Engineer, to avoid being served. (That ham was the best man at my wedding).

Anyway, after he left B94, he fell on some difficult times... I seem to recall a news report that said his income had dropped by something like 90%, and he'd had to sell his house. But the "war room" gig had revived his career.

And yes, he's a louse. He stiffed me on a call-in trivia question once, and my friend (the ass't CE) once "loaned" him several of my novelty 45's... which I never got back.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    It may be purely a coincidence, but Quinn was working as a radio DJ at KQV AM about the same time as another radio schmuck, going by the name at the time of Jeff Christie.

20 years ago, he was teamed with another character as the "Quinn & Bannana Show" on B-94FM (now KDKA FM), which for over a decade was the top FM morning show in Pittsburgh. They got involved in a lawsuit for sexual harrassment with the news reader (they lost, which cost them quite a few shekels). At one point, they entered and exited the station under covers in the back of a pickup-truck driven by the assistant Chief Engineer, to avoid being served. (That ham was the best man at my wedding).

Anyway, after he left B94, he fell on some difficult times... I seem to recall a news report that said his income had dropped by something like 90%, and he'd had to sell his house. But the "war room" gig had revived his career.

And yes, he's a louse. He stiffed me on a call-in trivia question once, and my friend (the ass't CE) once "loaned" him several of my novelty 45's... which I never got back.
    Nice.

Question. I should know the answer to this but I don't.

Why does a broadcast station in PA have a "K" callsign?

They paid the Vanity fee?
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Every rule has it's exceptions.

http://earlyradiohistory.us/kwtrivia.htm

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Every rule has it's exceptions.

http://earlyradiohistory.us/kwtrivia.htm
    Very cool, Tim.

Thanks!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Yep. About a year ago the BJU radio station was bought out or partnered with and now it's a powerhouse GOP Conservative Talk station on the lower part of the FMBCB right beside all the weaker PBS stations.
    They carry all the Fire and Brimstone nutballs of the GOP's Fire Brand.
    I've given up listening to anything on FM other than college radio - luckily, between Duke, UNC, NCSU and NCCU in full-quieting range there's enough stuff to be interesting.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    I've given up listening to anything on FM other than college radio - luckily, between Duke, UNC, NCSU and NCCU in full-quieting range there's enough stuff to be interesting.
    Around here, we have FM stations that play music. Imagine that.....
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.