Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23 February 2014: WASHFest 2014

23 February 2014: WASHFest 2014

The 19th Annual WASHFest 2014, sponsored by the Wireless Association of South Hills, will be held on Sunday, February 23rd, 2014, at the Castle Shannon VFD Memorial Hall, 3600 Library Road (State Route 88 ), Castle Shannon PA.

Hours will be 8 AM to 3 PM, rain, shine, or snow. (Vendor setup from 6 AM to 8 AM)

Admission $5 per adult

Talk-in on N3SH/R, 146.955 (131.8 PL)

Free coffee for the entire hamfest, courtesy of Ham Radio Insurance Associates of Canonsburg PA (& Bill Hill W3WH)

DXCC & WAS Card Checking will be available.

Main prizes: (Prizes subject to change due to availability or other factors)

First Prize: Yaesu FTDX-1200 160 - 6 Meter 100 Watt transceiver
    Second Prize: Comet CMX 2300 SWR/Power Meter
    Third Prize: Clear Speech Speaker

There will also be hourly door prizes, special Black Box drawings, 50/50, and more.

Main prize tickets are $2.00 each, 3/$5.00, 7/$10.00, 15/$20.00

Over 80 vendor tables available, with and without electricity (we've sold out of tables for 4 years straight) $10.00 Per table, $15.00 per table with electric.

For more information, or vendor table reservations, please contact Carol Danko KB3GMN at (412) 884-1466 or n3sbf at comcast dot net.

Also check the club web site at http://www.n3sh.org
    Last edited by W3WN; 11-12-2013 at 10:20 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    The 19th Annual WASHFest 2014, sponsored by the Wireless Association of South Hills, will be held on Sunday, February 23rd, 2014, at the Castle Shannon VFD Memorial Hall, 3600 Library Road (State Route 88), Castle Shannon PA.

Hours will be 8 AM to 3 PM, rain, shine, or snow. (Vendor setup from 6 AM to 8 AM)

Admission $5 per adult

Talk-in on N3SH/R, 146.955 (131.8 PL)

Free coffee for the entire hamfest, courtesy of Ham Radio Insurance Associates of Canonsburg PA (& Bill Hill W3WH)

DXCC & WAS Card Checking will be available.

Main prizes: (Prizes subject to change due to availability or other factors)
    First Prize: (HF Transceiver to be determined)
    Second Prize: Comet CMX 2300 SWR/Power Meter
    Third Prize: Clear Speech Speaker

There will also be hourly door prizes, special Black Box drawings, 50/50, and more.

Main prize tickets are $2.00 each, 3/$5.00, 7/$10.00, 15/$20.00

Over 80 vendor tables available, with and without electricity (we've sold out of tables for 4 years straight) $10.00 Per table, $15.00 per table with electric.

For more information, or vendor table reservations, please contact Carol Danko KB3GMN at (412) 884-1466 or n3sbf at comcast dot net.

Also check the club web site at http://www.n3sh.org
    Its a possibility!

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

The carpool was canceled since Carlo loaned out the Pope-mobile for a shooting of "Nuns Gone Wild".

I know there was some discussion about it, but I don't remember the outcome. (because I'm old) What was the final decision about buying a few tickets via mail to help support fests we can't get to?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    Its a possibility!
    Scratch that, got an update. Looking like April. The good news is that at that point a new hamfest season will be rearing its head at that point.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Scratch that, got an update. Looking like April. The good news is that at that point a new hamfest season will be rearing its head at that point.
    Trav,

Consider yourselves invited to the WASH Picnic at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest in June, then.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Trav,

Consider yourselves invited to the WASH Picnic at the Breezeshooter's Hamfest in June, then.
    Sounds good to me. I hope there are no snags along the way with paperwork. I don't foresee any but then again, no one ever does. I'm going to be a brave soul and bring Pilar along. She is curious to see just what the hell a hamfest is.

Sounds good to me. I hope there are no snags along the way with paperwork. I don't foresee any but then again, no one ever does. I'm going to be a brave soul and bring Pilar along. She is curious to see just what the hell a hamfest is.
    Damn, that's risky. Married less than a year and subjecting her to that? OH THE HUMANITY.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

For Travis's sake, I sure hope you're not going to have a divorce attorney booth at the hamfest, Ron.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Put some Vick's Vapo-Rub™ under your noses once you get the car parked. Yeah, just smear a little over your upper lip.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Put some Vick's Vapo-Rub™ under your noses once you get the car parked. Yeah, just smear a little over your upper lip.
    Ever been to a central marketplace in Spain? A hamfest is mild in comparison.