Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    This is the data geek in me talking, but do you have any data on the makeup of your hamfest attendees? Even a breakdown by license class?
    I don't, but I know that the ticket stubs from last year are still in the hamfest chair's hands. It wouldn't be at all difficult to match up calls with license class, once we download the FCC database or equivalent.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I only ever buy one ticket, no matter the hamfest, lol. I do this because it is what my grandfather does and that man wins a main prize at least once a year at one fest or another. It has yet to work for me, though...Mind you, my grandfather goes up and down the east coast going to hamfests without a second though over the distance. Then again, he is in his 70´s, a widower, and has little else to do unless it is July.

If I had his luck, I would have quite a collection of radios.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Some people are very LUCKY at prize drawings!
    on the other hand, I could have 99 out of 100 tickets in the barrel and STILL not have mine drawn!

Master Navigator
    You might look beyond the 'big boys' and try to stretch your dollars a bit. The new mobiles from Wouxun look interesting. And this could be your low end HF offering: http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_i...category_id=65 How about a Flex 1500 for less than twice that price? Maybe one of the multicolored IC7200's for $1K at the high end. You might still find an FT-950 somewhere, too - and the flashier appearance might draw more flies.

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    You might look beyond the 'big boys' and try to stretch your dollars a bit. The new mobiles from Wouxun look interesting. And this could be your low end HF offering: http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_i...category_id=65 How about a Flex 1500 for less than twice that price? Maybe one of the multicolored IC7200's for $1K at the high end. You might still find an FT-950 somewhere, too - and the flashier appearance might draw more flies.

That's an interesting little HF rig. I haven't seen one prior to your link. I guess I need to get out of my rats nest a little more often.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Why not think out of the ham box and go with a TV, you might have non hammys get a ticket or ten.

Or even a vintage Yugo.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Why not think out of the ham box and go with a TV, you might have non hammys get a ticket or ten.

Or even a vintage Yugo.
    Well, there yugo.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    What is the source of your obsession with that alleged automobile?

There's a small, now closed, garage on Library Road (State Route 88) about 2 miles from me. (The owner, sadly, is suffering from Alzheimers. Used to be a neighbor of mine, when we were at the old QTH). There is or was a Yugo parked in the lot outside the building. I'm sure that the family will, if it's still there (there's now a camper parked in front of where it was), be more than willing to exchange it for a small stack of green pieces of rag-based currency parchment with printing on them.
    More like they'd have to give me "a small stack of green pieces of rag-based currency parchment with printing on them" to take the Yugo off their hands.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    More like they'd have to give me "a small stack of green pieces of rag-based currency parchment with printing on them" to take the Yugo off their hands.

Hatters gonna hat.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    That's an interesting little HF rig. I haven't seen one prior to your link. I guess I need to get out of my rats nest a little more often.
    Yeah, and that's exactly the kind of thing you want to offer in a raffle if you want to entice me to buy tickets—something I'd never buy for myself but would certainly be willing to drop five bucks on for a chance to win.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.