Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FCC Spanks DNJ Radio

FCC Spanks DNJ Radio

In today's FCC digest was this little pearl:
    DNJ RADIO. Issued an Official Citation and Order to DNJ Radio for marketing unauthorized radio frequency devices. Action by: District Director, San Francisco District Office, Western Region, Enforcement Bureau. Adopted: 08/14/2013 by Citation & Order. (DA No. 13-1755). EB
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-13-1755A1.doc
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-13-1755A1.pdf
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-13-1755A1.txt
    DNJ Radio, as of a few minutes ago, has yet to remove any of the problem items from their web site. Especially the RM Italy amplifier line...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    BAAAD things always come from Fremont, CA
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

The C&O was only released today, they'll receive it by snail mail in a few days so how can you expect DNJ to act before they know anything about it?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    DNJ Radio, as of a few minutes ago, has yet to remove any of the problem items from their web site. Especially the RM Italy amplifier line...
    Since this only came out today, I'm not sure how quick of a response you expect. :headscratch:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    BAAAD things always come from Fremont, CA
    You're proof of that, you East Bay freak, you.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I know folks that have those amps, and they get a little "dirty" if driven hard.

But if you keep 'em at 75-80% of rated output, it's a lot better.

And no, I'm NOT talking about 11 meters.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    The C&O was only released today, they'll receive it by snail mail in a few days so how can you expect DNJ to act before they know anything about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Since this only came out today, I'm not sure how quick of a response you expect. :headscratch:
    Merely an observation, nothing more.

IIRC, the date on the letter itself was Wednesday. How the letter was sent to them (registered? overnight? electronically?) and how soon they actually act on the instructions therein, I have no idea.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I know folks that have those amps, and they get a little "dirty" if driven hard.

But if you keep 'em at 75-80% of rated output, it's a lot better.

And no, I'm NOT talking about 11 meters.
    I still remember the Hamvention where someone from RMI walked around the Arena stands handing out their flyers; I think I still have it around here somewhere.

Pretty brazen, advertising 4 kW & 10 kW PEP output amplifiers (amongst many others) which can not be legally used by US amateurs. But what's the worst than can happen to them? They're beyond the reach of the FCC, and if their US distributor du jour gets burned, there's always another schmuck one standing by to take over...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I still remember the Hamvention where someone from RMI walked around the Arena stands handing out their flyers; I think I still have it around here somewhere.

Pretty brazen, advertising 4 kW & 10 kW PEP output amplifiers (amongst many others) which can not be legally used by US amateurs. But what's the worst than can happen to them? They're beyond the reach of the FCC, and if their US distributor du jour gets burned, there's always another schmuck one standing by to take over...
    Were those adjustable output?

I could see the 4kw amp being useful to a ham, driven at 25% for long RTTY sessions.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Here is my question about "certified" ham equipment. Okay, in the bold days equipment was not "certified" since many hams built it themselves. And I assume the same was true for most old commercial gear. On none of my commercial boat anchors is there any mention of the equipment being "certified". Okay, so now I assume you can still build your own non-certified equipment but all commercially made gear must be certified. Older equipment that was not certified must have been "grandfathered in" and is legal for use and resale. But what if some ham asks me to build him an amplifier and he pays me for it. Would that be legal ? Or would I have to gain certification before I could sell it. I don't quite get the distinction.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.