Thread: Looking for spares from a junk 148GTL-DX PB010

Looking for spares from a junk 148GTL-DX PB010

Can anyone help?

I need a channel switch/display board module and a small mic gain knob from a Cobra 148GTL-DX, main board PB010.

Quite happy to pay for them and postage :)
    Does anyone have a junk radio kicking around that can donate?

Is that channel switch a standard Uniden 40CH BCD variant, and can you get a part number (if possible) from the original? Same with LEDs? Or do you need the entire board?

I have a pretty big junk box full of parts of that era and might be able to supply discretes.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Is that channel switch a standard Uniden 40CH BCD variant, and can you get a part number (if possible) from the original? Same with LEDs? Or do you need the entire board?

I have a pretty big junk box full of parts of that era and might be able to supply discretes.
    I believe it is, i think the typical midblock encoding is built into it with the channel skips. The switch is marked

PULSER
    SR-209

I think the LED display is common cathode.. will have to check that one.

Thanks for having a look! :D

Search over, I was able to strip the switch down and repair it. Thanks Fred.

Interesting note: A hot air solder station is great for removing the metal back panel without breaking any of the melted plastic that holds the switch together. The panel fits back on relatively easily and can be refixed by melting the plastic posts and squashing with a screwdriver.