Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hooked on streaming video services.

Hooked on streaming video services.

I have allowed myself to get addicted to several shows on Hulu Plus, and Netflix. Shows like House of Cards, which is up for several emmys. I love the women's prison themed show Orange Is The New Black. Hulu Plus streams some wonderful Canadian programs Little Mosque, and the VERY creepy Booth At The End. There are several free services as well. For the $16 a month I pay for both, I don't need cable, or satellite. Just my high speed connection, and DVD player. I am sure the subscription fee will go up one of these days, if not sooner.

Anyone here watching this stuff?

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Amazon Prime works well for me. The YL and I are talking about killing the TV side of Comcast soon.

Roku box works well, considering getting one. And now, there is Google Chromecast.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    We have the ROKU box and the Netflix $7.99/month service.

I haven't had any cable or DirectV since Tulelake, and the only reason we had it there was in the winter, there's nothing else to do.

My only complaint with netflix is there is no directory listing what's on there. You have to guess. Most of the time they don't have movies, especially the more popular ones, but there's enough up there to satisfy our limited TV watching.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

My Netflix has categories, one shuffles through. Then there is the search function.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Amazon Prime works well for me. The YL and I are talking about killing the TV side of Comcast soon.

Roku box works well, considering getting one. And now, there is Google Chromecast.
    We do the Amazon Prime thing, too. We especially like many of the older movies, as well as the 2 day shipping aspect. It's too bad they were forced in to charging sales tax, but it was just a matter of time, I guess. Anyway, up till now, we haven't had a lot of time to watch much of anything on TV, but the times, they're a changing.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    My Netflix has categories, one shuffles through. Then there is the search function.
    Right, mine has that too.

I'd like to be able to see a master list, because I can never remember movies I haven't seen, but I'd like to see. There must be some way to download a list.

Since I watched some sports movie, I got the recommendation for "Goon", which is about hockey. The love story is hokey, but there is some of the most funny dialogue in that movie I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by WU9G View Post
    Right, mine has that too.

I'd like to be able to see a master list, because I can never remember movies I haven't seen, but I'd like to see. There must be some way to download a list.

Since I watched some sports movie, I got the recommendation for "Goon", which is about hockey. The love story is hokey, but there is some of the most funny dialogue in that movie I've ever heard.
    Your situation is unique for Netflix. You should tell them, maybe they will modify the search function. Your tastes represent millions of others, I am sure.

cul de n8tb

Two rules. Stay away from my effin' percocets, man, and do you have any percocets?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Two rules. Stay away from my effin' percocets, man, and do you have any percocets?

He's probably out in the parking lot giving some single mother herpes.

3, or 4.

cul de n8tb